Trail marking & stove multitasking

Gorilla Munch

We should be able to mark trees with our hatchet/knife.  But getting lost is fun (stressful) dynamic in the game.... Im a little torn on this one.

For the stove, i'm not much of a cook but i can boil water and fry up a steak at the same time. For an outdoor fire i could understand that we can only cook/heat on item at a time.

As you navigate through caves, it's good to drop something at the point enter a junction and then at the entrance to which ever path you decide to explore. If it's a dead end, you come back, pick up the marker and continue down the other junction. Some caves have loop backs. Once you are familiar with the terrain features, you should be able to navigate around the maps. The forest up around Trapper's Cabin can be tricky heading East but eventually you learn it. The maps can really help. Watching YouTube videos can help some too. Look in the video forum for some of the better ones from experienced players who often tend to explain locations, strategies and even the prepper's caches. Burnt flares are good but I wonder if they despawn after a while. Reclaimed wood is what I often use.

Archived