Wolf Injury

Okamiaaron

Hi, I would suggest adding a feature so that when you shoot and hit wolves but fail to kill them (missed the head), they become injured and attempt to limp away. This is mainly because it just kinda makes sense. I don't think a wolf should be able to run away at full speed when shot in the torso or leg. It still adds punishment for failing to head-shot, by taking two bullets instead of one to kill the wolf. But from my experiences, it's extremely difficult to shoot a wolf while running at full speed away.

I think he's mostly complaining about them running away at full speed, which I have also noticed and felt wasn't right. Depending on the seriousness of the injury they should definitely not be running away at full speed, unless you totally missed and scared it off.

As a hunter I can tell you that quite often if your shot doesn't instantly drop the animal it will run off at full speed, slowing and dying later but not immediately. Generally you only see a an animal moving slowly right after it is shot if there is a mechanical reason, like you hit the shoulder, hip or leg.

Archived