Awesome game! Far too much eating needed.

quadgamer

My character was ravenous. Which didn't make sense because she had just eaten a few hours earlier. Anyway, she had to eat 4.4 lbs of Venison, 2 cans of tomato soup and a tin of sardines to make her full. Realistic in any way? I think not.

I really enjoy the game. But my wish is for the characters to not need as much food as they presently do. Especially because it's hard to get food. <-- That's not why I'm posting. My post is because of the first paragraph. Needing that much food so often is terribly unrealistic.

I do regular fasting and I can tell you don't die in 4 days, it is unrealistic. A human can go for more than three weeks without food (Mahatma Gandhi survived 21 days of complete starvation)

As the rule of 3's says:

3 minutes without air

3 days without water

3 weeks without food

That said though Gandhi was probably sat quietly in a cell writing speeches for Nobel Peace Prize nominations, rumour has it he even got caught during one fasting protest chewing the end of his pencil.

I imagine the calorific burn to sat on your arse in a hot climate and fleeing from wolves in a freezing one are somewhat different.

That said though, I do feel the numbers need tweaking on energy consumption. In Pilgrim mode my biggest challenge is finding places to store everything and it's a massive leap up to the next difficulty, Voyager, can't really comment on Stalker as haven't played for more than an hour.

That said though, I do feel the numbers need tweaking on energy consumption. In Pilgrim mode my biggest challenge is finding places to store everything and it's a massive leap up to the next difficulty, Voyager, can't really comment on Stalker as haven't played for more than an hour.

I feel that storing and preserving food is also a problem in Stalker, since wolves do not seem to be any stronger or smarter, but mainly there is just more of them. So im ducking/running away from them, since i hate to waste meat that i would otherwise swim in.

My solution for having 2 much food is to go breaking stuff. Calorie expenditure doubles if not triples. So even if i dont need all that metal/reclaimed wood at the moment, it allows me to spend excessive food and make cashes or materials. Not to mention that there is no chance to run into a wolf and have to harvest all that new meat.

My character was ravenous. Which didn't make sense because she had just eaten a few hours earlier. Anyway, she had to eat 4.4 lbs of Venison, 2 cans of tomato soup and a tin of sardines to make her full. Realistic in any way? I think not.

I really enjoy the game. But my wish is for the characters to not need as much food as they presently do. Especially because it's hard to get food. <-- That's not why I'm posting. My post is because of the first paragraph. Needing that much food so often is terribly unrealistic.

I think the same thing: we'll die not by fluffy's mout, but an heart attack :) it's not a problem to find food, but calories flowing too fast.... Fix it please

Archived