is my save file permanently gone?

Tbone555

so, i booted up my game and went to load my 58 day run. and when i pressed "resume" it just made that error sound, the same sound you get when you try to perform an action without the required tool. when i restarted the game, the save file was just gone. I suppose i could have accidentally exited the game while it was saving, but I'm usually really careful about it. did i just corrupt my save file, or is it some kind of error? is there a way to get my save back? or is it just permanently gone? i know i should expect things like this in the alpha, but man, that was my longest run. i do not want to redo everything again :P

i wasn't sure exactly what topic to put this in, so sorry if its out of place

Are you playing on your computer or XBox One? Is your game fully up-to-date? (v.302 on PC, 303 on XBox)

Unless you died in your game, this will likely be a technical issue. We'll move you to the appropriate forum once we know what platform you're using to play.

I play on the Xbox one, though I'm unsure of checking the v of my game. I thought it would display on the main menu, but it isn't.

The last update I got, though, was the fix for saved games deleting themselves. my Xbox has been disconnected from the Internet since Christmas and I've been unable to get any recent updates. Thanks for the reply, Bethany :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived