candles.

Tbone555

PLEASE give us some way to light our shelters! stumbling around in the dark all day long is annoying and inefficient.

I'm thinking candles. i read a thread mentioning gas-powered generators, but i think it would partly ruin the atmosphere of the game. but still, we need some way to light our shelters without wasting gallons of kerosene and a thousand matches a month for the lantern and torches. candles would provide long-term (however, not permanent) sources of light to keep around the shelter wherever you wish. you would find said candles in old abandoned houses and cabins. these candles would be able to burn for up to 4 - 5 hours at a time. i think it would just generally make life easier :P

Very nice idea, I'm for candles too - if you don't do the generator! You can make torches from firewood, but that's not very efficient - since you can't hang them on walls (add an option to make wall hangings for torches?) and to be frank - it seems too primitive in a modern setting where people have fuel, engines, crank-triggers, even candles.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 25, 2016 at 0:13 PM, cekivi said:

Candles: a frequent visitor to the wish list have thus far proven illusive to capture :)

Although I still like my idea of harvesting car batteries to make electric lights (even if no one else does).

that seems like a very interesting idea! can you explain, or link me to a forum related to that? :)

It's a rather old post that didn't gain too much traction:

My basic idea was you could harvest a car battery, wire and a headlight from a car to make an indoor light that would last for a few hours. With no way to charge the battery it will eventually degrade and fail but it should be as bright as a lantern and last a few times longer

Archived