Bug with food poisoning and not able to heal?

Shadrach

I got food poisoning, and it was even from cooked meat (damn this game is too hard), and even had antibiotics on hand but even after two uses the checkbox for "use antibiotics" was not checked. Is there a chance antibiotics sometimes "fail" and I just got really unlucky or is it broken at the moment?

Also should you really be able to get food poisoning from cooked meat? It seems kind of unfair :shock:

I got food poisoning, and it was even from cooked meat (damn this game is too hard), and even had antibiotics on hand but even after two uses the checkbox for "use antibiotics" was not checked. Is there a chance antibiotics sometimes "fail" and I just got really unlucky or is it broken at the moment?

Which version are you playing? There was a bug in previous versions, but I'm fairly sure it had been fixed.

If it happens again, it would also help the devs if you could attach your output log file (prior to starting another round) -- that will help give them the needed info for tracking down the issues.

Also should you really be able to get food poisoning from cooked meat? It seems kind of unfair :shock:

Buy some burger - leave it open on the counter for a few days [to simulate the meat decaying/going bad]... then cook it... put it on the counter for another day or two... eat it... call hospital...

Yup, the meat is only cooked, not preserved ;)

Well I'd just cooked it not stored it in my dirty old backpack for a week ;)

Buy some burger - leave it open on the counter for a few days [to simulate the meat decaying/going bad]... then cook it... put it on the counter for another day or two... eat it... call hospital...

Yeah good idea, I will try that and get back to you how it goes in a few days time :lol:

I'll remember to post my log next time, too bad it's overwritten now.

Guest Alan Lawrance

I just confirmed the issue with taking antibiotics not registering when you have food poisoning. We'll have a v.105 update out soon with this fix and perhaps some other things.

Archived