A question about 0.103 update

Axios

Hi, I still haven't the game so my question is based on videos seen on youtube.

Today I read on 0.10 changelog:

• Player outdoor walking and running speeds have been increased.
  • Dehydration, Freezing, Starvation, and Fatigue have all been tuned to be *slightly* more forgiving.
  • Increased frequency of Antiseptic spawning in containers.
  • Increased Fuel produced from Foraging to 2 units/hr (from 1 unit/hr)

Expecially in Accurize2 videos, I noticed that he can already survive with 0 calories and freezing for a quite long time.

With this update the challenge level will be lowered? I hope no...

Personally, I'm hoping the speed goes back to like the previous versions (and the new speed boost just used as an emergency Sprint or with higher energy cost)...

"Slightly tuned" is the key... balances are constantly being adjusted, tested, and changed in each version (as has been done for the travel speed in this version).

Antiseptic used to be rather limited before (didn't really have a major use), but now is needed for wolf attack blood loss to avoid infection -- so chance of spawning/finding it has been increased to reflect the increased usage.

Foraging would sometimes provide little tinder or wood (even though the forest is all around), so I believe the devs adjusted the levels to produce more from foraging. Again, tweaks and constant adjustments will be likely between versions, and changes as needed for more balanced gameplay.

But as for the calories -- they can also now go into the negative (with higher effect)... so not a good idea simply letting them drop to zero anymore ;)

• Hinterland

You might also have noticed the addition of a Calorie Deficit. Now it's possible to end up with up to -1500 Calories, which you have to work your way back from in order to get to 0 (not Starving).

You can judge the challenge level for yourself when you get into the game. I think Accurize is probably one of our best players by now so I wouldn't assume you will do as well when you start playing. :)

You might also have noticed the addition of a Calorie Deficit. Now it's possible to end up with up to -1500 Calories, which you have to work your way back from in order to get to 0 (not Starving).

You can judge the challenge level for yourself when you get into the game. I think Accurize is probably one of our best players by now so I wouldn't assume you will do as well when you start playing. :)

Thanks for the reply. :)

So calories can go to -1500?

I'm no more worried about this update!

Archived