Mechanic Review - Sprained Wrists Wood Chopping

KD7BCH

Having experience chopping wood I would think it would suck pretty bad to the level of being impossible with a sprained wrist. Having never had a sprained wrist would and trying to chop wood my thinking is you favor using your wrist that is not sprained?

If both of your wrists are sprained should you be able to chop wood?

At present you can chop wood with both of your wrists sprained.

I'm not sure but I don't think makes sense.

Thoughts?

Sprains should keep you from doing many more things than they do now.

Sprained wrists should basically affect all actions that rely on your hands: smashing furniture, breaking branches, repairs, crafting, harvesting animals. All of those should be slower / more prone to error.

Sprained ankles should affect everything regarding your feet: carrying capacity, walking speed, ability to walk on slopes.

I wouldn't know (lucky enough to never have sprained an ankle, or otherwise get hurt in my life), but somehow I don't think you can run with one, no matter how many painkillers you take. I thought it should shorten the resting period, because painkillers could enable you to do stuff before fully recovered.

But anyway, temporary reduction of the debilitating effect would certainly make more sense than immediate healing with a pill.

I wouldn't know (lucky enough to never have sprained an ankle, or otherwise get hurt in my life), but somehow I don't think you can run with one, no matter how many painkillers you take. I thought it should shorten the resting period, because painkillers could enable you to do stuff before fully recovered.

But anyway, temporary reduction of the debilitating effect would certainly make more sense than immediate healing with a pill.

Agree.

Archived