Movie: The Grey

After reading the other movie thread, I decided to see if this would be in YouTube and it was, although in 8 parts. Liam Neeson isn't one of my favorite actors, but he was quite good in this. The movie as a whole was entertaining, although I suspect the wolf behavior could be classified as at least slightly abnormal.

I know survival movies aren't supposed to be realistic, but still...

[spoil]it really bugged me that you can fall into a river in freezing weather, get totally wet and then just sit on the snow on the river bank looking just slightly chilly. I mean, in reality, you'd get hypothermia in record time. And where did he manage to get dry clothes when his backpack fell with him into the river? It's not like they had waterproof plastic bags to keep the contents dry as their gear was whatever was left in the wreckage.[/spoil]

@robdoar, yes, I understood that, but I think the movie makers did what they always do, portray intelligent animals with a human-like intelligence, although animal intelligence is different, purely through different evolutionary demands. Or maybe...

[spoil]it just seemed like that, because Neeson's character explained their behavior like he was explaining a military strategy. I actually think he wasn't quite sane, which wouldn't be surprising, considering his suicidal thoughts followed by crashing into freezing wilderness.[/spoil]

I saw it (the video comments mentioned it, otherwise I might have missed it), but I'm still not quite sure what exactly happened.

[spoil]Did they both die? Or just the wolf? Although, I guess it doesn't matter, because the guy would have died one way or another.[/spoil]

Archived