Amazon Purchase.

Mikesla

Hi. (this is not a moan, and groan post)

Has anyone found purchasing the game from Amazon a pain?

I have tried three times to purchase the game, and three times they keep telling me that they are having issues.

Good thing I have until September 22nd otherwise I would be royally annoyed by the purchasing options. I was going to purchase the Directors Cut, but I think I'll wait for the twenty dollar steam version since I couldn't play any way.

Thanks.

Do you mean Humble? We're not doing any Early Access pre-orders through Amazon, at least that I know of.

This is very odd then...

Subject: Amazon Payments problem notification

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:26:03 +0000

Humble Bundle

Reply-To:

Humble Bundle

Hi there,

We were trying to process your The Long Dark - Survivor's Edition order, but unfortunately your Amazon Payments transaction did not go through successfully.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The Humble Bundle Team

Guest Alan Lawrance

OK, you are purchasing through Humble (as expected), but the Amazon Payments is failing. I thought you meant you were buying directly from Amazon.

I'm not sure if this is a general problem right now, or something specific to your transaction. Best bet is to ask Humble why the transaction didn't go through.

OK, you are purchasing through Humble (as expected), but the Amazon Payments is failing. I thought you meant you were buying directly from Amazon.

I'm not sure if this is a general problem right now, or something specific to your transaction. Best bet is to ask Humble why the transaction didn't go through.

Okay Thank You. It confused me when you said Amazon was not being used for Pre-Orders. I don't know exactly what is going, and I'll send off a support ticket to Humble.

Cheers.

Hi.

I tried the fourth time, and it went through.

Any thoughts of you folks releasing the game any earlier than September 22nd for those who wish to create footage for their YT channel to perhaps help out with advertising?

Two Reasons for asking is that I never heard of this game until yesterday from my YT members, and shouldn't the people who purchase the game from your website be placed in the same class as the first time backers they are taking a chance on the game before it is released on steam?

Runic games did the same thing but soon found out that allowing the people who purchased the game via their website gave the same rights as first time backers which helped with them earn some extra money before releasing it to steam.

Cheers, and take care.

Two Reasons for asking is that I never heard of this game until yesterday from my YT members, and shouldn't the people who purchase the game from your website be placed in the same class as the first time backers they are taking a chance on the game before it is released on steam?

Runic games did the same thing but soon found out that allowing the people who purchased the game via their website gave the same rights as first time backers which helped with them earn some extra money before releasing it to steam.

They get access to the backers section... For backers, only those with current access [alpha and beta backers] have access to the alpha section since they are playing and doing the reporting back for issues. It's not meant as a general information section right now.

On Sept 22, all the rest of the regular backers will get access to the game at the same time as the Early Access users. On that day the Alpha section will be set open to the public since the gameplay will then be widely available.

NOTE: Early Access status is not automatic on the board. The list isn't updated every day, so until I can cross reference users against the list, I can't just turn on EA status for every user -- so yes there will be a delay between new lists for me to go through each forum user email to check their EA status.

They get access to the backers section... For backers, only those with current access [alpha and beta backers] have access to the alpha section since they are playing and doing the reporting back for issues. It's not meant as a general information section right now.

On Sept 22, all the rest of the regular backers will get access to the game at the same time as the Early Access users. On that day the Alpha section will be set open to the public since the gameplay will then be widely available.

Good enough, and thank you for your reply.

Thanks for your patience... Once the alpha section opens to the public, you'll see why we need to keep it restricted in order to manage any major bug reports as the Hinterland team go into overdrive to get the main EA version running as smoothly as possible. Even with the restricted access now, there are over 2700 posts in there... Yeah, gonna be a lot of reading :lol:

You'll also find forum members listed as Scout Corps status... they're not actually part of the studio, but are part of a very small selected team to try helping to organize the bug reports as they come in, as well as to help answer some questions so the devs can focus as much as possible on prepping the sandbox portion of the game for the Sept 22 Steam launch... It's gonna get crazy with activity in here real soon :?

Thanks for your patience...

Your Welcome.

I have to say, from the way my Youtube members have been pestering me about it, it appears you will have quite a few people purchasing the game. I know I'll do my part on promoting the game for you, as I have done with many others.

Once the alpha section opens to the public, you'll see why we need to keep it restricted in order to manage any major bug reports as the Hinterland team go into overdrive to get the main EA version running as smoothly as possible. Even with the restricted access now, there are over 2700 posts in there... Yeah, gonna be a lot of reading :lol:

Absolutely, I already understand.

You'll also find forum members listed as Scout Corps status... they're not actually part of the studio, but are part of a very small selected team to try helping to organize the bug reports as they come in, as well as to help answer some questions so the devs can focus as much as possible on prepping the sandbox portion of the game for the Sept 22 Steam launch... It's gonna get crazy with activity in here real soon :?

I would say it will get crazy, and I understand why you would want to keep it under wraps.

Also, I would like to ask that you forgive me for asking what I did earlier concerning releasing it sooner. People can be quite a pestering bunch when they get something in their minds, and I thought why not ask, maybe, just maybe I can get a wee bit of a rest of having to answer my private posts.

Cheers, and I'll wait for the 22nd. I didn't notice but it's already September 1st.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've just bought via Amazon, and it all seemed go have gone through, money left my account etc. But I haven't received an e-mail with the key, does this sent straightaway or is it sent on the 22nd, as at the moment I don't have any proof of purchase.

Archived