Survivors Edition? (About to purchase - Quick Reply Please)

Mikesla

Hi.

I need a quick answer here. I am about to buy the game, and I need to know the difference between the Surveyors editon, and the regular.

Which version would allow me to gain instant access to the game itself instead of waiting for September 22nd?

Surveyors, or the Directors Cut?

A response would greatly be appreciated.

Neither gives access prior to Sept 22nd. All alpha and beta backer player keys have been assigned, so the next public release is Sept 22 for the Steam Early Access. Sorry :(

Differences between the editions:

REGULAR EDITION:

The Long Dark - Early Access Edition also includes access to the full retail game on release, which includes all Season One episodes for the game’s Story mode, and will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux in both Steam and DRM-free versions.

SURVIVOR EDITION:

The Long Dark - Survivor’s Edition also includes access to the full retail game on release, which includes all Season One episodes for the game’s Story mode, and will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux in both Steam and DRM-free versions. The Long Dark - Survivor’s Edition also includes an extra CD key for the game (suitable for gifting), and a downloadable Art Book showcasing production artwork from throughout the game’s development.

DIRECTOR'S CUT EDITION:

The Long Dark - Director’s Cut also includes access to the full retail game on release, which includes all Season One episodes for the game’s Story mode, and will be available on Windows, Mac, and Linux in both Steam and DRM-free versions. The Long Dark - Director’s Cut also includes an extra CD key for the game (suitable for gifting), a downloadable Art Book showcasing production artwork from throughout the game’s development, a downloadable Making Of documentary, and a boxed copy of the game on DVD (shipping & handling fees are extra).

Thanks...

Too bad that there isn't one. I know Grim Dawn had the same setup but decided to rework it to accommodate the new comers.

Okay no Problem. The unfortunate side effect is having to wait until the 22nd, and purchasing the more expensive units is that my Youtube members are bugging the living daylights out of me to buy the game, and start making videos, which is why I have purchased the game. Up until now I never heard of this game.

Oh well, thanks again.

Archived