Sign in to follow this  
JamesMac64

Stacking Items v 0.298

There is a random bug with some of the stackable items, such as crow feathers and scrap metal. When in the player inventory they seem to stack normally (as before the update) but when you move them to a storage container such as a cabinet or backpack these items will stack no more than 2 in a inventory space and some take up their own individual space. The result is that 7 crow feathers may take up 6 spaces with only the first space having 2 crow feathers in it. The same for scrap metal. The status of the items are all 100%.

EDIT: Added pictures from Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576570996

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576571052

Edited by Guest

Seconded. I noticed it when I started a new Sandbox - you can move items to and from to get around it, but it seems the initial transfer sometimes fails to properly stack similar grade items. (Cloth, Scrap Metal, Leather etc.)

I experienced this bug when dropping items separately and not in a stack, if I drop 10 in a stack they stack in the container, but if I drop one at a time they appear as one per slot in the container.

screen_itemsdontstacki.thumb.jpg.985e2f6

Edited by Guest

Hello!

I met this bug in v.298 with stacking items when count less then 5 and I moved items one by one to a container:

Here is an example:

bill017.thumb.jpg.6110c714b669805fd28273

56ce25297d142_screen_(42-2)_88dd1fc2-773

I've found the error in the code. Maybe you folks a t Hinterland have also. Inside the Container function GetClosestMatchStackable() a check has been added to see if the item has been inspected. However these stackable items never seem to get that flag set, even after "Inspecting" in every way I can figure.

Modding this check out fixes this particular issue, but may affect other things.