Anychance to get into this game early?

daser

That is really too bad. I can understand not allowing it for Steam, but those who purchase via the website and for Survivor, and Director's Cut should be given some leeway since they are going beyond the call, meaning giving more money to support the cause so to speak (which was my primary reason, and I don't really care about the gift key), and not waiting for the cheaper steam version.

I also understand the Devs reasoning behind their decision but it sure doesn't make the sting go away.

This is not a badgering type of post, just trying to understand since I have taken part in other games which offer a Steam release date, but for those who purchase the higher end versions as a pre-order get backer status (purchases above the steam version).

I did that with Grim Dawn. At one time they had releases for there backers, but soon realized that offering instant access to those who purchase the versions above the steam amount, and who purchase via their website (cuts out the middle man) only would get that backer status irregardless of the time period.

Ahhh, the humanity!

That is really too bad. I can understand not allowing it for Steam, but those who purchase via the website and for Survivor, and Director's Cut should be given some leeway since they are going beyond the call, meaning giving more money to support the cause so to speak (which was my primary reason, and I don't really care about the gift key), and not waiting for the cheaper steam version.

I also understand the Devs reasoning behind their decision but it sure doesn't make the sting go away.

This is not a badgering type of post, just trying to understand since I have taken part in other games which offer a Steam release date, but for those who purchase the higher end versions as a pre-order get backer status (purchases above the steam version).

I did that with Grim Dawn. At one time they had releases for there backers, but soon realized that offering instant access to those who purchase the versions above the steam amount, and who purchase via their website (cuts out the middle man) only would get that backer status irregardless of the time period.

Ahhh, the humanity!

stay calm, just 19 days remaining for release. we all want to play this game as fast as possible but there is no way to play it early. so just wait...

...wait for the amazing game!

• Hinterland

Mikesla -- welcome to the community and we're happy to see you're excited for the game's release on Sept 22nd.

but those who purchase via the website and for Survivor, and Director's Cut should be given some leeway since they are going beyond the call, meaning giving more money to support the cause so to speak (which was my primary reason, and I don't really care about the gift key), and not waiting for the cheaper steam version.

Just to clarify -- the Pre-Order price is the same as the Early Access price on launch day, so you are not paying more.

Mikesla -- welcome to the community and we're happy to see you're excited for the game's release on Sept 22nd.
but those who purchase via the website and for Survivor, and Director's Cut should be given some leeway since they are going beyond the call, meaning giving more money to support the cause so to speak (which was my primary reason, and I don't really care about the gift key), and not waiting for the cheaper steam version.

Just to clarify -- the Pre-Order price is the same as the Early Access price on launch day, so you are not paying more.

Thanks for the reply.

Ahhh, the humanity!

stay calm, just 19 days remaining for release. we all want to play this game as fast as possible but there is no way to play it early. so just wait...

...wait for the amazing game!

Thanks for the reply.

I've already moved on to greener pastures. I can't say I agree with it being a great game, I haven't been able to give it a try out, and watching videos hasn't really shown me much from what I've seen since it's backer release.

But I'm in for the long haul, and I do hope your right about it being a good game, I would hate to add this game into my pile of bad decisions. From what I have seen so far (videos), it does look interesting.

later, and Thanks again.

Archived