The Long Dark Fan Art

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest emily_hinterland

Thought I'd search for a haiku generator to see if I could plug in some TLD key words/themes, and found this: http://byakkohaiku.tripod.com/ihkg.htm (take a moment to soak in that background).

Even though the second line is hilariously off by one syllable, I gotta say -- most of the default text sounded like it was written for TLD :)

The white sound shivers

Shadowy nightfall spreads

This death as light snow falls.

Maybe a cooking thread as well after @robdoar and @TattooedMac conversation =)

Nom, Nom, Nom ;-P

Closest would pbby be buffalo. It's fairly gamey. Where it lives and what it eats has a lot to do with flavor.

It's very lean. Needs fat added when cooked. I like 50% Pork Sausage and 50% bear burgers.

K thought as much. Surprised that you need fat to cook it and its that lean, considering the winters they Hibernate in and need to keep warm. Thinking whale here and its Blubber . .

The strong guide shivers

Luminous evil stirs

The scream before twilight

Hey there survivors! back! ;)

I created this "portrait thingy" called "old friends" today as a little relief from the thesis stuff I did during the past few months. It's kind of a sequel to "decisions"; it depicts the grey bearded one and the guardian many years after the man found that poor creature in the cave. I liked the idea to fast forward a bit, since it tells you some stories they've experienced in the past just by looking at the two. Hope you like it.

old_friends_low.png

I liked the idea to fast forward a bit, since it tells you some stories they've experienced in the past just by looking at the two. Hope you like it.

Love it -- and especially love the nick out of the fox's ear... immediately gives a sense of how much they endured together through the years.

Very nicely done!

Archived