The Long Dark Fan Art

Guest emily_hinterland

@Midnight, this is awesome! Thanks a million for sharing, and I'm glad that bear left you, your wife, and your friends alone :)

Where were you camping? Was that your first bear encounter?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @LoganG ! HA! you must have a pretty impressive yelling voice, I'm sure that bear will tell the story around his cubs about a monster that visits the wood with such a powerful voice =) (not that your a monster though =)

If Will could kill that bear he could make some nice warm clothing and have food for a while, unless some wolves came and took the bear from him after he killed it...

Yeah he would be set for a while if he can manage to keep the wolves away, its anybody and everybody's game at that point. But I like your thinking...

thanks @Emily_Hinterland ! it's an honor to create art for this game, I'm really looking forward to TLD and for what its about! Cheers to you and the team for this game and concept.

Yes first bear encounter without a wall between us, I found out the next day that it was a black bear mamma and her cub by other people who had seen it earlier during the day. It was around midnight and pitch black because it was cloudy that night when the bear visited us, and being the bear was black she had the advantage over me, to hear an animal breath you know it has to be VERY near by, but she left us in peace. Or at least me because everyone else was in their tents already. I was camping in Copake NY - Camp Waubeeka

Thank you @Don_Reba ! I did some foot steps in there from his tent to the tree, I say he's a good 2.5 meters away from the bear. And Will is 192cm tall, he's also on a small hill. It's just an illusion... its a big bear.

The small hill could explain it. Otherwise, it works out to this:

iV0lKHS.png

Not to criticize, of course. It is just that when I saw it, my first thought was: "holy, that's a huge bear," and I had to check.

when I saw it, my first thought was: "holy, that's a huge bear," and I had to check.

They're even bigger when they suddenly appear right beside to you at night... especially when it's 2AM and you're sitting on your front porch just relaxing!

Yeah -- we have nightly (and daily) visits by a lot of them here... mainly during Sept-Oct... they definitely look bigger when you don't expect them *lol*

@TattooedMac regarding what @IndianaJonas said:

I used Illustrator CS5

@Midnight Yea i know, and the reason i didn't add you, was you replied to IJ under his ? Where as @KOPFSTOFF had his answer at top of thread and IJ had obviously missed it :) All good man !!!

While I'm here @robdoar what does Bear taste like ?? Knowing what it is, size and all, i would think it taste's a bit like Horse ?? Or Buffalo ? Really dark read meat, but not strong in taste but still has that subtle taste of iron in it, because of blood and being dark red ??

I'm probably ways off yea ??

Archived