The Long Dark Fan Art

hey there survivors!

first day on the forums for me and first day i had some time to do a "the long dark" inspired comic. i love games that really tickle out creativity, that inspire people all around the world to create art related or inspired by amazing creations of others, who put their heart and soul into their vision and get that love back this way by the community.

yes, i am talking about fan art. that's what this thread should be about...

i hope that there're others who want to share their "the long dark" related works here too. maybe it is a bit early for that, but i think it's an even bigger achievement if the game isn't even out yet and theirs art already coming in! :)

this one is called "decisions":

decisions_low.png

for more information you can visit my blog, there's some info about the page over there.

can't wait to see yours! :)

ps: please excuse my english!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say mate, that is just Brilliant. Beautiful skill you have there, and you have produced a masterpiece yourself. (be careful, you might get a offer lol )

I was only thinking the other night, that i might try and produce something in Paper by 53 or Procreate.

What did you use to draw this up ??

Gotta say mate, that is just Brilliant. Beautiful skill you have there, and you have produced a masterpiece yourself. (be careful, you might get a offer lol )

I was only thinking the other night, that i might try and produce something in Paper by 53 or Procreate.

What did you use to draw this up ??

thanks dude! offers? sounds great, after i am done with my university degree - hopefully in a few months - i am really going to need a lot of them. :)

oh, and please don't hesitate to create some art, use what ever tool you prefer, can't wait to see what you're up to.

to answer your question:

i used photoshop cs3 and a wacom pad to create "decisions" (pretty basic for digital painting stuff i think ;)).

That is awesome.

I totally love the symbolism of the red fox. :-)

That might be the ONLY animal I wouldn't eat out of respect for Hinterland.

thanks, glad you like it! yeah, me too. :)

Love this! Thank you so much for sharing! We love to see all the ways in which our work inspires you guys. Your work then inspires ours.

hey raph! thank you very much and you're welcome! great to see you guys so active on the forums!

hehe, true @LoganG.

as i see it the fox knew the grey bearded wouldn't hurt him - or maybe he did not care anymore? because of its injury the fox had to find a save place, dry and sheltered (from the wind), maybe the fox just searched for a good place to die? if the grey bearded would not have found the blood trail, he might have also died in this night, lost in the big white cold of that unforgivable new world... but this way he had a great resting place too. the grey bearded had to make a decision at the end: kill the young fox and have something to eat that night, or help him out and maybe have more advantages on the long run... for now, he'll have body heat and some kinda "guardian" while staying with the small fox at his hideout that night - maybe even have the animal "lock into him" this way later on.

as mentioned on my blog, there are different way's to read the page. that's what i really like about it... was it the grey bearded, who saw something quick and red rushing through the snow and took his chance to land a graze shot on that something, just to realize that he almost killed a skinny subadult and changed his mind. did the grey bearded thinks that its parents might come back, so that he could have even more tasty meat while waiting? is he really that cold and calculating?

or did he found the blood trail by accident and was happy to find shelter, an easy prey or even a new friend at the end? you decide. ;)

there we have "names" btw... it's the grey bearded and his guardian. :)

to answer your question: i kinda like the two, so yeah - maybe i'll do more of them. but i am at my bachelor degree right now and won't have much time for different stuff at the moment, i shouldn't done the first one either to be honest, strictly speaking i just don't have the time right now. maybe in two months or if i need that relief again in between. let's see. glad you like it! :)

thank you

: i kinda like the two, so yeah - maybe i'll do more of them. but i am at my bachelor degree right now and won't have much time for different stuff at the moment, i shouldn't done the first one either to be honest, strictly speaking i just don't have the time right now. maybe in two months

or

if i need that relief again in between. let's see. glad you like it!

:)

thank you

You put all you have into that Bachelor Degree mate, we can wait for more, well 12 months to be exact lol and I'm sure there are more artists on here that will contribute and keep this thread going. Your Degree is your life so thats more important, we are just minions waiting for the game to be released ;-P

As i said, ill try and get Procreate out on my iPad Mini and throw something up. Until 2-3 months down the track, good luck with the Degree and if its a BA your going for, you pass with flying colours IMHO :)

Thanks for sharing.

@TattooedMac thank you dude, really appreciate your kind words! stuff like that really helps getting more focused again. still - i think it won't last long till i do another TLD inspired piece, since it's done much faster compared to the degree stuff i am doing and really refreshing, too. we'll see i guess. :)

can't wait to see yours and the art from other contributers in this thread later on.

• Hinterland

@[Hinterland] Crew:

you just made my day with the news posting featuring my artwork. thanks guys! :)

Are you kidding? We love your art. Keep making it, we'll keep posting it. That goes for the rest of you, too.

I'm just waiting until after we release a bit more story/world info and you guys start producing the FanFic. Can't WAIT!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello crew!

A real life event on my side not too long ago inspired me to create this scenario... ( I was camping with wife and friends in the woods old school style in tents when a bear came over to check us out, gladly the bear was in a good mood)

I call this piece "To eat, or to be eaten?"... it's showing Mr. Mackenzie hiding behind a tree because the meal he just prepared himself attracted a hungry bear. With not too many bullets to spare... what do you do? What would you do? you have about 45 feet to decide.

b6c6df63e4494ad5eb6abeaf40a0c61b.jpg

@Midnight My family still goes tent camping every summer and we have had several run ins with bears. We used to set up a toy tent for my daughter, just a small tent she could keep all her toys in and play in during the day, anyway I woke up one morning to find a bear cup half way in the tent messing around with her toys, he ran away when I yelled at him.

Nice picture by the way. If Will could kill that bear he could make some nice warm clothing and have food for a while, unless some wolves came and took the bear from him after he killed it...

Archived