[fixed] game timer not working/perpetual night

james12345

I was playing this game fine with no problems then after returning to play again the game clock is stuck it wont move from 13 hours daylight remaining I have deleted my save and started a new game and still the timer has froze I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling but its still the same the game was working fine first time I played I don't understand please help

[align=center]The Studio Is Aware Of The Game Time Stopping Issue

& Are Working On The Fix Now[/align]

[align=center]The tech team are aware of the issue triggered by a Halloween time setting.

They are working on it right now, and will provide updated info as soon as they have it hotfixed.[/align]

[align=center]Thank You :)[/align]

There's an Xb1 fix update which is just waiting for Microsoft approval. It should hopefully also fix most of the issues by those having only a black screen after the disclaimer screen. The devs are also working on the different save issue variations, so some bug fixes may also fix a couple of those (there are multiple variations, so fixing the rest are still priority to release ASAP)

Thanks for your patience everybody :)

There's an Xb1 fix update which is just waiting for Microsoft approval. It should hopefully also fix most of the issues by those having only a black screen after the disclaimer screen. The devs are also working on the different save issue variations, so some bug fixes may also fix a couple of those (there are multiple variations, so fixing the rest are still priority to release ASAP)

Thank you for the info, kinda put two and two together with regards to the Halloween screen.

This is my one day I can play, is it ok to continue playing, or, is there a risk of losing saves?

Thank you for the info, kinda put two and two together with regards to the Halloween screen. This is my one day I can play, is it ok to continue playing, or, is there a risk of losing saves?

Unfortunately I can't say for sure... the Xb1 version has some additional save quirks which the dev team and Microsoft have been working on, so I simply don't know if or how the Halloween bug will affect saves. It might mean playing in perpetual darkness [which can actually be quite different, though unnerving] until Xbox releases the v.282 version update.

If it helps you decide, so far most users I've seen on the forums have said the saves are working fine, but again there's no way to tell for sure for everybody since some players may also be using older save games. You might be best starting a new game in a different save slot just to be sure.

So I got on tonight to continue my journey of Pleasant Valley which I just discovered the other day. I survived a lot to get to this point and was starting to get a feeling of accomplishment. I had just found the rifle and made rabbitskin mitts and deerskin boots. I had survived approx 60 or so days.

Anyways, I got on, the screen is different with a wolf Jack O' Lantern (which is really cool). I go to continue my game and its gone. Nowhere to be found. I can't even start a new game in Pleasant Valley. That sucks. Really bad.

I go to start a new game and time has frozen and it's always night time. I tried to play but I keep dying because I can't see anything.

Is this a Halloween trick or something?

Wish i had seen this thread an hour ago, just before i deleted a 73 day run because i thought it was a bugged save, all my games are stuck with 2 hours of darkness.

Hope Microsoft doesnt its normal 2 weeks to approve the fix.

Yeah this is ridiculous the fact that nothing has been mentioned on the game "itself" to warn users just to relax its worked on.

Hinderland you guys should put warning i text, or something about update.

Guess I wont be playing Long Dark for the weekend.

:cry:

Hi,

The background of the homepage of the game changed for me to a dark theme of trappers homestead with a wolf in a red halo. Its build v2.81 on xbox one.

Since this change whenever I play with any character I always have 2 hours of darkness remaining, Going for a nap makes no difference, the amount of dark time simply never reduces. I've quit and restarted, tried different characters.

Please fix this as my characters are dying running out of food... :(

This was discovered yesterday and fixed (very quickly) by Hinterland but the new version hasn't yet been approved and released to Xbox by Microsoft yet. See the message at the top of the forums here and more details on the PC bug forum.

I'm waiting too. :)

Andy

Hi,

The background of the homepage of the game changed for me to a dark theme of trappers homestead with a wolf in a red halo. Its build v2.81 on xbox one.

Since this change whenever I play with any character I always have 2 hours of darkness remaining, Going for a nap makes no difference, the amount of dark time simply never reduces. I've quit and restarted, tried different characters.

Please fix this as my characters are dying running out of food... :(

Its been broken for 24hours now.

Its the timer its stuck don't uninstall or erase your game, Hinterland made a fix.

We are waiting for Microsoft to issue update for the xbox one, unfortunately now we cant play Long Dark on Halloween.

I'd hope it would go live later today in time for Halloween. You'd think a bug fix release wouldn't have an overly lengthy approval process. Fingers crossed anyway.

All I know is I'm going into withdrawal, my eye's twitching and everything. :lol:

It's not really Hinterland's fault that the bug still persists on X-Box - you rather have to blame Microsoft for that. ;)

Hinterlands released the PC bugfix version (V.282) within a few hours after the first bug reports. They've done their job pretty fast, but they can only release the PC version themselves.

The problem is that new Xbox versions need to be authorized by Microsoft before they can get released. And Microsoft being slow with authorizations is a quite well-known problem (to put it kindly).^^

Archived