[solved] PC: Game Crashing

Fluffydino311

I submitted a post on reddit as well, linked here.

My primary concern is that my game is consistently crashing. Now this has only happened since the most recent update. I have my specs listed here: I am currently running an intel core i7-3770 cpu 3.4 ghz 12 gigs of ram 64 bit operating system directx 12 amd radeon 7700

The game primarily crashes when i am sifting through my items, or when I approach the work bench and shuffle through the pages to start crafting. If I go too fast, it seems to bug out.

Also, the game crashes when warming up/opening canned food. Since you can select the option on the lower right while it is heating up or opening. I think the commands bug the game and cause it to crash.

I did get some feedback on my reddit post about updating drivers for my AMD card. I will do that soon, and will run the game to see if that has any effect. I am not on my PC at the moment so I will update this post once I have done that. Any feedback, or if you have also experienced this please share. I hope this does not ruin my save file either!

You can find some of the main steps to check first here: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7888

To check anything further, the tech team would need you to attach your debug log file in order to check for game compatibility issues. You can also email your debug log file to support@hinterlandgames.com (please include your username from the forum, as well as a link to the thread reported from).

On PC, the log is written to the data directory for the game. For Steam, this would look like:

C:\TheDirectoryYouInstalledSteamTo\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\output_log.txt

Thank You :)

Hey thanks for the reply! I checked into that as well. So that, along with updating my driver for the graphics card seemed to fix the issue. I haven't experienced these issues before when it has been "out of date", which is extremely rare. But in any case, maybe just a note to all the players to keep it up to date, especially with AMD. Not sure if Nvidia owners experience the same difficulty.

Archived