More Safes?

Vortex

I can count three off the top of my head across all the maps. Hydro Dam, Shipping Yard and Coastal Highway Farm... are there more? (Pardon the loose names I have used to describe the locations.)

Is it possible to give these Safes a seperate (rare quality) loot table and RNG system? I've opened a few and all that popped out were Flares and a Sewing Kit. Hardly the type of thing to put in a Safe.

The best (and appropriate) things I have uncovered from Safes are Rifle Rounds and high quality clothing. (Appropriate because the high grade boots were from the Safe at the Shipping Yard.)

Maybe place some hidden inside walls, behind wood-harvestable portraits?

More safes simply means more loot because we are all master safe crackers. Get rid of safes entirely or make them somewhat difficult to open.

+1 on increasing difficulty

especially if there would be something decent in the safe. I always get disappointed to find a flare or a can of sardines or pork n' beans in a safe. At least fill it with worthless paper money that I can use as tinder to start fires with...

Or a gold bar, 12"x4"x2". Gotta take it. I'm rich, rich I say. I'M RICH!!!!

Oh, wait, it weighs 67 lbs???? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

a bar of gold (like the ones at Fort Knox) weights roughly 400 troy ounces, or about 27.5 pounds. I would still find a way to carry that out with me! Or definitely come back for it later...

Gold bars exist in almost any weight and sizes, especially the ones you would find in a private household would be a lot smaller.

If you buy gold to have a secure currency after the apocalypse you would try to get small amounts, 1g, 5g or 25g to pay with. Those small amounts are also harder to fake because size compared to weight is easier to judge with the human eye.

Gold bars exist in almost any weight and sizes, especially the ones you would find in a private household would be a lot smaller.

If you buy gold to have a secure currency after the apocalypse you would try to get small amounts, 1g, 5g or 25g to pay with. Those small amounts are also harder to fake because size compared to weight is easier to judge with the human eye.

You are absolutely correct. I was thinking that they make it just large enough that it encumbers you to the point that you have to give up almost everything that you are carrying in order to take it... and only available in either voyager or stalker mode. That weigh (pun intended,) your character is seriously at risk from both wolves and the weather and that for an item that has no value in the game other than ownership. You can't eat, drink it or craft anything useful with it, so it would be worthless other than the bragging rights for finding it and carrying it home. ;)

Archived