#2919 - v.281 - Losing saved game

treibh

I saw the save game issue had been 'resolved' I started a new session on Thursday (10/15) and by Saturday I'd gotten up to 13ish days, went to play on Sunday and 13 days character was gone, so its not even a matter of losing a save of a hour or two of gameplay, its the entire record is gone.

I noticed something odd as I was cursing myself for trying to play again, a game I'd saved (played) on Sunday 10/18 late afternoon CST had a saved date of 10/19, not sure why.

Is it really such a problem to allow users to be able to save, and then delete the save if the character dies?

I saw the save game issue had been 'resolved' I started a new session on Thursday (10/15) and by Saturday I'd gotten up to 13ish days, went to play on Sunday and 13 days character was gone, so its not even a matter of losing a save of a hour or two of gameplay, its the entire record is gone.

Reporting it to the team to investigate, but need to confirm which version you were playing? Did you update to the v.281 edition released last Thursday afternoon?

Its happening again. I have to say Ill wait to play now until the game is finished. its happening on v.281

Got up to day 90, hours and hours of play. I didnt play yesterday as I had life to attend to, turn on today and reset to day 63. a third of my save lost.

Its like the cruelest bug I've ever seen in a game. The game is "survive as long as you can" but the bug won't let you.

I feel extremely let down, Alpha or not this bug has been around for over a month and we have been told it was "fixed" and we start playing again only to be let down.

Poor

Reporting it to the team to investigate, but need to confirm which version you were playing? Did you update to the v.281 edition released last Thursday afternoon?

Correct... using v.281

I've created a fresh [separate] ticket since this is still happening in v.281

The original issues confirmed by the dev team and Microsoft appear to be working for most players, so the dev team are trying to check what else could be causing it on just some consoles. The Xbox save issue is high priority for fixing.

Bug Report Ticket #2919 issued for save games vanishing

For save games which are reverting back to earlier save periods, there is a separate thread

for Bug ref #2909 here: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=8683&p=49435

Thanks and for your patience, and sorry for the frustration these evasive bugs have caused

Request from the tech team if some players can try it:

"could you please confirm that the players start playing on v.281? Basically ask them to try these steps:

1) Turn xbox off/on again

2) Start up TLD

3) Confirm version is v.281

4) Load a game

5) Move to a new zone, sleep in bedroll to save

6) Turn xbox off/on again

7) Start up TLD

8) Check if game saved properly

If the game doesn’t save properly doing these steps, then there’s an issue."

I will post the same request in the thread where users report Saves are reverting to an older version as well.

Followed the steps above... went from Mystery Lake to the Coastal Highway - sleep for an hour on the railroad tracks (18 hours 58 minutes), shutdown, restarted.

Looked at my saved games, most recent saved game was from the Hydro Dam (15 hours 59 minutes) which is where I started from but I hit resume and I was on the rail road tracks in Coastal Highway. Quit the game, restarted looked at my saved games and then it showed my most recent save as Coastal Highway (18 hours 58 minutes).

I'm not sure how the functionality is supposed work between Resume and most recent Save, so I thought I'd highlight the difference.

Beyond that appeared to be functioning as expected.

I've started a log of all my save times and I'll post any anomalies.

Hope this helped.

Good news of sorts... played a little Forza 6 and then went back to TLD looked at my saved games, the most recent saved was a game from yesterday, not the toon I created today and walked to The Coastal Highway, so I just shutdown xbox. Let me know if you have questions.

Good news of sorts... played a little Forza 6 and then went back to TLD looked at my saved games, the most recent saved was a game from yesterday, not the toon I created today and walked to The Coastal Highway, so I just shutdown xbox. Let me know if you have questions.

Thank you - I've added the notes from your 2 posts above to bug ticket ref #2919. If you find your saves reverting back to an earlier copy, there's also a separate bug ticket ref #2909 thread for "Reverted Saves". So far it appears both the lost save and reverted saves are related, but are being triggered differently.

The team is in contact with the Microsoft techs to check whether there are sync conflicts.

Thanks Again :)

Archived