Hello from Australia!

Vortex

Hi guys and gals of Hinterland Forums!

I am a 34 Male hailing from Sydney, Australia. I have been playing games since I was about 13 years of age and whilst I no longer consider myself "hardcore", I still take the hobby/craft seriously.

According to Steam, I have chalked up 66 hours on the Long Dark and am enjoying the experience very much. It barely feels like an Alpha title at all. The game grabbed me from the very start and I sometimes find myself playing for hours on end, marathon style. :)

I've unlocked all the zones and am already keen on playing a Stalker playthrough. But not until I have played out my current character, of course. :) I've really enjoyed being thrown into difficult situations and my character has come close to death more times than I care to admit - but in those last gasping moments before making it indoors from a snowstorm, or evading wildlife or even battling sickness - is when the game *truly* shines!

Thanks very much to the hard working folk at Hinterland Game Studios for making such a polished GEM of a title. I am looking forward to the new zones, story mode - and even the sequel. ;) I hope my humble inputs here and there will contribute well to your project and bring you success.

136 days and counting!

Cheers,

centerhttp://s24.postimg.org/meo3c7wmt/Image1.jpg

centerhttp://i59.tinypic.com/2zxruz6.jpg

centerhttp://i59.tinypic.com/10iickj.jpg

Hey there! 136 days in Stalker (or any mode, really) is certainly impressive. Congratulations! I definitely agree that some of the really special moments come through when you seem inches away from death. There's something genuinely thrilling and rewarding about being able to rescue yourself from a desperate situation. I have to say I also find great satisfaction in crafting those wolfskin coats!

Thanks for sharing your experience so far. Our player input can be invaluable, and we certainly love hearing all the tales of survival -- Hopefully, we'll hear some from you in the near future. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the welcome, Bethany. :)

I should clarify - I *want* to do a Stalker mode, but my current playthrough is Voyager. I'm getting the hang of the survival mechanics, and whilst it has been challenging for the most part at first - I really want to put myself through stress tests. Already I am thinking about rifle round preservation, more fishing, using the bow, utilising snares, playing 'slower' etc.

I'm loving the minimalist approach the game has - and also the fact you can barely carry much when you move zones - forcing you to make multiple bases and remember in accordance - I have a plethora of materials at Mystery Lake I haven't seen for ages now... trying to make my way back there. :)

I envy your team having such a fantastic job - it's clear as day that the team are passionate about their job and the game you're developing because the title is oozing with quality, professionalism and most importantly - *love*.

Keep up the fantastic work! I for one will happily purchase more content for this game!

Archived