#2907 - Player.log wont load in OSX 10.11

midnight

Hi crew.

I just installed OSX 10.11 and when I went to start the game it started brand new. I been looking for my Player.log file but I dont have one anymore. I copied my previous log file to my new system. Does this mean I have to start new?

Attached is why I want my previous log.

Just wondering why the player log would be missing when all other files and extension transferred fine?

thanks for the help!

D-

PT1.thumb.png.df0bcc8107159c380369be5c61

PT2.thumb.png.9bc6f0a1bc9c5bf763cb4b2bba

• 2 weeks later...
This happened to me as well. I had been alive for 300+ days. This really, really sucks.

Sorry to hear. I was mad but then realized its in ALPHA so I cant get mad. But hoping for the best so haven't played the game in a month until I hear from the Dev's. It's part of what I signed up for. All can be lost with the versions update so I just look at it as I made a wrong move and died by a wolf, it's the only way I can cope. I'm getting used to ALPHA stages, I get so attached that I forget that it's all a test and then freak out!

While I agree with the "It's ALPHA so I can't get mad" sentiment, I do think I'm allowed to get mad when there were reports of El Capitan wiping out people's save games on both this forum and the Steam forums as early as Oct. 6, and Hinterland did not take the very simple step of warning people that El Capitan might wipe out all their progress. Had I had any idea that there were multiple reports of problems with El Capitan and this game, I certainly would not have upgraded my OS.

• Hinterland

Thanks for your post!

We did see a few posts about this in early October, but they were very isolated cases. We've only recently been able to confirm this issue and are actively working on it. As soon as we knew that El Capitan was the actual likely culprit, we posted global announcements here in the forums (viewtopic.php?f=96&t=8890) and also in the Steam community.

It's worth noting that we've had very few reports of this issue, and many users that have upgraded to El Capitan don't seem to have been affected by the upgrade, so it's not a clear case of every upgrade to El Capitan resulting in save game loss.

All that said, we're investigating it and hope to have a solution soon. Our early exploration suggests the missing saves might be recoverable -- we'll post more news in the Sticky when we have more information to share.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your post!

We did see a few posts about this in early October, but they were very isolated cases. We've only recently been able to confirm this issue and are actively working on it. As soon as we knew that El Capitan was the actual likely culprit, we posted global announcements here in the forums (http://www.hinterlandforums.com/viewtop ... =96&t=8890) and also in the Steam community.

It's worth noting that we've had very few reports of this issue, and many users that have upgraded to El Capitan don't seem to have been affected by the upgrade, so it's not a clear case of every upgrade to El Capitan resulting in save game loss.

All that said, we're investigating it and hope to have a solution soon. Our early exploration suggests the missing saves might be recoverable -- we'll post more news in the Sticky when we have more information to share.

Thanks for the heads up on the issue and for your time Raphael! I know you guys are crazy busy with real game development and releasing the story mode. I thought maybe it was a semi-quick solution. I am honored that you replied personally. Much respect to you and your crew at Hinterland for connecting with us players!

Archived