Detailed Region Maps [SPOILERS]

Here are maps that I made for my own use, but figured others might find it useful too :)

The collection of maps is getting quite extensive now that I am adding 3 different types of each region (for those who don't want all the spoilers), so I am updating the maps on The Long Dark's page on Steam, which you can find here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =530202531

Below is an example of the maps :)

MysteryLake.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, nice! I think my favorite thing about this is the marking of plants, corpse spawns, and the use of icons for what is inside the locations. Reminds me of icons used on highway signs. I'd love to see that on other maps! I might modify them for my own use that way, especially the sapling spawns. Now I'm wondering why I haven't done it before.

Some minor things to add if anyone's using the map:

Matt's Truck: Possible corpse (I assume it's poor Matt)

Riken: Bed, possible corpse(s)

Gatehouse: First aid box

There's another trailer on the other side of hibernia, near the entrance

I'm assuming this map isn't counting possible corpse spawns inside buildings (hibernia, stone church, cave, riken, and I think one of the mines?)

Wow, nice! I think my favorite thing about this is the marking of plants, corpse spawns, and the use of icons for what is inside the locations. Reminds me of icons used on highway signs. I'd love to see that on other maps! I might modify them for my own use that way, especially the sapling spawns. Now I'm wondering why I haven't done it before.

Some minor things to add if anyone's using the map:

Matt's Truck: Possible corpse (I assume it's poor Matt)

Riken: Bed, possible corpse(s)

Gatehouse: First aid box

There's another trailer on the other side of hibernia, near the entrance

I'm assuming this map isn't counting possible corpse spawns inside buildings (hibernia, stone church, cave, riken, and I think one of the mines?)

Thank you! This is a great help :) I have tried to update accordingly with a few other additions.

You are right that I don't mark possible corpses inside buildings, but I have added them as icons along with the interior ones. Thanks for the idea.

Thank you! This is a great help :) I have tried to update accordingly with a few other additions.

You are right that I don't mark possible corpses inside buildings, but I have added them as icons along with the interior ones. Thanks for the idea.

You're welcome! I feel like I'm missing stuff in the mines but I could be confusing it with a different area. Are the rifle and bow spawn icons new too? In any case, thank you for making it! It looks great!

There's a rifle spawn in Hibernia Processing, it's pretty well hidden.

Sam

+1 I was about to comment that as well.

Thanks for the additional map also.

Something also to comment, is it possible to add vertical and horizontal lines as per autonomous maps? Its helps on visualizing the coordinates. The lines should be non intrusive, maybe dotted, gray?

There's a rifle spawn in Hibernia Processing, it's pretty well hidden.

Sam

+1 I was about to comment that as well.

Thanks for the additional map also.

Something also to comment, is it possible to add vertical and horizontal lines as per autonomous maps? Its helps on visualizing the coordinates. The lines should be non intrusive, maybe dotted, gray?

Thanks for the tips and ideas :) I have added the rifle in Hibernia P, and also guidelines for coordinates.

Coastal Highway map added. I hope I got everything :)

Nicely done! You did a fantastic job including everything. I love all the icons more and more!

I do notice a couple things but my information isn't complete: There's a possible deer carcass either near the log sort or fishing camp, can't remember which. :? There's a fireplace in one of the waterfront cottages and one of the island houses, I think jackrabbit island. I get the two confused.

Nicely done! You did a fantastic job including everything. I love all the icons more and more!

I do notice a couple things but my information isn't complete: There's a possible deer carcass either near the log sort or fishing camp, can't remember which. :? There's a fireplace in one of the waterfront cottages and one of the island houses, I think jackrabbit island. I get the two confused.

Thank you :) I seem to remember a fireplace too at Jackrabbit so I'll investigate and add this. I'll look out for the carcass too. Edit: It seems there are no fireplaces in either house on the islands. I wasn't able to locate an additional carcass near either camp either.

I also think I'm missing a couple of bear spawns, but haven't been able to find the western caves they belong to (if they have caves).

You are on a map spree. I do hope that at some point you could add all those up to a universal map, together with the relative transition zones.

Very quality work as always

Thank you! :) I did actually do that, but will need to do the transition zones properly for it to make sense. So a few maps more and some fine tuning and I'll do that.

In the Carter Hydro you should add wolf legend.

Also what about adding possible wolf locations on the map, or it should get crowded?

I'll try to support you on polishing the maps but unfortunately I don't have that much time available these days.

Maybe you should also note which type of bunker is per location. This is ready available in earlier posts.

Finally the burned structures are randomly generated per game, maybe its not a good idea to hard point them on the map.

In the Carter Hydro you should add wolf legend.

Also what about adding possible wolf locations on the map, or it should get crowded?

I'll try to support you on polishing the maps but unfortunately I don't have that much time available these days.

Maybe you should also note which type of bunker is per location. This is ready available in earlier posts.

Finally the burned structures are randomly generated per game, maybe its not a good idea to hard point them on the map.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I agree with the Hydro wolf and will add that.

I haven't added wolf locations/spawns to the map because yes, they might get a bit crowded, but also I have no idea how to go about determining the locations in a decent way.

I have the bunker types in the works too, so they are coming at some point.

With the burned/closed structures - do you mean that they switch from not burned (able to enter) and burned from game to game? I don't think I have ever noticed that.

Yes for example in ML the Lake Cabins are switching from burned to not burned.

In CH randomization occurs in waterfront cottages, coastal houses, fishing camps and in the cabins right below the abandoned lookout.

In PV randomization occurs in rural crossroads for the houses next to the bridge.

I hope that I dont forget any randomized location. Maybe thats all.

Archived