My wish list

Psybin

Here's my list of things I'd like to see be implemented. Some things I know have been mentioned before, so I figure my listing those things will only help show more support for them.

Rabbit Stew - X amount of meat scraps (under 1lb), some water, and any possible future vegetables (like winter onions). I said rabbit since that's the most common type of meat that you always have scraps of, but any meat would work. The number of calories would depend on how much meat you threw in (up to like 5lb, and 1200 calories for rabbit, 1500 for wolf, and 1800 for venison or something like that). Others have mentioned many other food items and I'd love to see even some of them, like the ability to cook pancakes etc., which brings me to...

Maple syrup - You can harvest maple saplings, why not be able to drill into a maple tree to make your pancakes yummier? I mean that picture of the "<3 pancakes" is in the game so it's perfect. ;)

Flour, rice, powdered eggs, dried fruit, nuts, powdered drink mixes (thinking of Kool-Aid and Tang type stuff) - There is already milk and water in the game so these could open up many food and drink options.

Sitting - The ability to sit and rest in chairs

Sleds - Love the idea! Someone mentioned using a car hood as a sled. Are there any plans in the future to be able to salvage scrap metal or wires etc. from vehicles?

Thermos - I saw this idea in a post and I think it'd be great to be able to keep your coffee, tea, or food hot!

Cleaning up - The ability to rearrange furniture and clean up messy rooms

Arrowheads - Bring back crafting them please. :) I just read on another post you can forge arrowheads?? Bethany didn't mention it when I mentioned arrows in another post, and I don't see it in the update, so maybe it's just a rumor?

Reading - The ability to read certain books to learn new recipes

Flashlights (and batteries for other possible items) - May be redundant but why not? Maybe the geomagnetic storm wiped out even small electric items like these so if that's the case, never mind!

Bear Trap - The ability to find and/or craft a bear trap would be cool. Killing a bear shouldn't be easy at all, so maybe they'd be really rare, or you can only craft one from finding a recipe in a book, or you can only craft one after finding one (and maybe only after harvesting one [reverse engineering]). Simply setting a trap to kill a bear still seems too easy, so maybe it'd take like five scrap metal to make and only have one or two uses before it breaks.

Shotgun - Another weapon option (but not too many) would be great. I haven't killed a bear yet so I dunno how many arrows or rounds it takes to kill one, but a shotty would be a cool alternative. It seems it'd be balanced, since it's only effective at close range. So for example, a bear is running at you and you wait til it's close to shoot it in the face. You can kill it in one shot, but if you miss, you're lunch.

Friction fire - I'm surprised this isn't in the game already. To make it not too easy or available to use, maybe you could only use maple (for the bow part) and birch (for the friction stick) to start a fire, rather than the common sticks.

Bugs - I'd like to see something underneath those uprooted trees. Bugs could hide there that you can gather.

Poisonous food - Weren't there poisonous mushrooms at one point? Maybe they're useless but it'd be cool to find poisonous mushrooms and berries that you can hide in food and drop as bait to poison a wolf or bear. ;p It wouldn't kill it, just slow it down or something.

More uses for line - Using line to hang up a lantern or for the bow part of the friction fire would be fun.

Deer urine or scent masking - This would make it easier to find or sneak up on a deer or get past a wolf or bear. Its effective use time would be an hour or two.

Antlers and/or bone - There could be many uses for antlers and bone! If nothing else, the antlers could randomly have different points, and you could mount it on the wall for display/trophy. ;p

Herbs - Like rose hips, reishi mushrooms, and lichens, herbs would be cool to use for other remedies or food preparation, giving small boosts like coffee and tea does. Speaking of berries, edible ones would be nice too.

Ooh I just thought of this one... jerky! Rather than letting your stockpile of meat eventually rot, dry it out. :) Not only would it last way longer, it'd be a lot lighter per calorie count for traveling. Obviously it's already in the game but being able to make it would be so awesome. I can see it now, strips of meat drying alongside the curing animal pelts.

Alcohol - This could have multiple uses. ;) You could use it to clean up a wound, as an accelerant for fires, to drink to give a small warmth bonus (at the expense of dehydrating yourself a little), in food, or other reasons I'm sure that could be thought of.

Stones - There could be many uses for stones but two ideas I think would be cool are sleeping stones and arrowheads. You could put a stone near your fire to warm it up and then throw it in your bedroll before you sleep to raise the temp a few degrees. In real life you'd wrap it up quite a bit in a sock or something but I dunno if it should need a cloth to make in game or not. Since arrowheads were removed, maybe they could be made with stone instead of metal for accuracy if they are brought back into the crafting section.

Co-op - This would add an exponential amount of replayability to the game! I hope it's in the future plans. The dynamics of the game would change a little, but that's what different modes are all about. ;) Maybe it'd be harder to kill animals, but for example if your friend got attacked by a bear, you could attack it and hopefully kill it before it kills your friend. It'd be easier to kill things, but you need to kill double the amount of them to have supplies for two.

I'm not sure how death would work. Maybe if one of you dies, you're dead for the co-op game and either have to start a new one if you don't wanna wait for them to die, or maybe there's a long respawn, or you don't die when taken to 0% (only if you are with your friend) but get knocked unconscious and your friend either needs to take care of you or drag you back to safety (on a sled maybe!). It would be intense if while you're unconscious, the screen is completely black and you have zero sensory input and have to wait in suspense til your friend either revives you or you die!

As for time, when doing some action, maybe if one of you is harvesting something for example, you would be stuck in some action animation while your friend could go about their business. What could happen is the one harvesting would be on "pause" and can go afk for a bit if needed, while the other person could play the game, until they decide to hit a button to sync with the friend and then both of you would have the progress bar for harvesting or whatever action it is. You could also both start to harvest something and then sync up to finish it.

I'm sure I'll think of more so I'll add as I get new ideas.

My thoughts are that the more stuff there is to do and make, with a large variety of food and crafting etc., the game should stay fresh and new all the time. One post mentioned how simplicity is nice in this game. Sure, but the option to get complex with it all would be awesome too. You could have it either way!

+1 i like all of these but the one that sticks out is making your own jerky i love it!!

When I was going over this list, I was thinking if only one or two of these were to be implemented, I'd wanna see the jerky. :)

I added alcohol and co-op to my list!

I've asked for jerky elsewhere, but +1 to it no matter where it's mentioned.

I imagine it being created using the crafting interface. You have to cut meat into small pieces, and then smoke/dry it, and each takes a lot of time so use a similar system to making the different crafted clothes. (set it for 'x' hours and take breaks for necessities).

This would also be a constructive time sink when you're waiting out storms or for crafting materials to dry. Right now your options in game are to sleep, or run from place to place. (There's not enough existing crafting to wait out every storm and stay awake).

I imagine it being created using the crafting interface. You have to cut meat into small pieces, and then smoke/dry it, and each takes a lot of time so use a similar system to making the different crafted clothes. (set it for 'x' hours and take breaks for necessities).

This would also be a constructive time sink when you're waiting out storms or for crafting materials to dry. Right now your options in game are to sleep, or run from place to place. (There's not enough existing crafting to wait out every storm and stay awake).

I like this way of making it. :) Either way it should take some time since it'd be too easy to make a ton of jerky in a few mins and have a week supply on hand to travel with lol. Maybe a whole deer's worth of meat would take all day to smoke/cure, with each chunk of meat taking an hour or so.

How do you think the jerky should end up? If a bag of beef jerky is 0.2lb and 350 calories, maybe each 2.2lb chunk of venison would make a pile of jerky that's like 0.5-1lb and 700 calories? I'm thinking somewhere between beef jerky and cooked venison in both weight and calories.

I like this way of making it. :) Either way it should take some time since it'd be too easy to make a ton of jerky in a few mins and have a week supply on hand to travel with lol. Maybe a whole deer's worth of meat would take all day to smoke/cure, with each chunk of meat taking an hour or so.

How do you think the jerky should end up? If a bag of beef jerky is 0.2lb and 350 calories, maybe each 2.2lb chunk of venison would make a pile of jerky that's like 0.5-1lb and 700 calories? I'm thinking somewhere between beef jerky and cooked venison in both weight and calories.

i think jerky while lasting longer should cut calories in half while venison is already 800 it should be 400 when made in to jerky

• 1 month later...

I really want to harvest antlers and craft different things with them. There is just too little crafting incorporated into the game so far.

I like stew and jerky. I like sitting.

I want to be able to move furniture instead of just hacking it out of my way.

I like flashlights but I prefer candles.

I like more weapons but not a shotgun. I prefer having to craft it.. like a spear.

Archived