big bear traps

shane22646

You might check out a recent thread we've had here on this subject. As was pointed out (and I actually hadn't thought this through myself), there's a bit more to consider when it comes to large animal traps than just how they work. It's also useful to think about Canada as a setting and the implications/history of trapping there.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7384&hilit=bear+traps

Yeah i think this is a good idea, ive commented on this on another thread , but i also think a defensive kind of trap could be utilised as in one you can set up in narrow places when you need to take shelter and sleep in a cave/ crevice, and could also be used at access points to your base whether it be the path to the trappers cabin or the bridges outside the lighthouse, where having a home base on stalker mode is proving quite difficult at the moment :cry:

And its not something that would be too hard to make just a branch pulled taught with spikes, john rambo style. :D

And trap wise different types of traps for different animals would be great, like deadfall traps for wolves, simple enough if we see a spot with multiple limbs close to one another, then make option to use them to build our tripod type trap before we harvest them for wood, then you could use hacksaw to cut off big log to place on top, or even have to use existing firewood stores to pile on top etc

And bigger snares for wolves and deer, would be awesome but also scary to go check your snares and find a live wolf caught in your snare one day. Is it going be be easy or will it breakout at last second, diff variables they could add to it.

Archived