(Not) wolf zombies on stalker

Leonard87

Hmm i like the game very much. But i kind of think on stalker you could retexture the wolfs. the only thing you have to delete is the ability to scare them away and that they ever run away, then it would be reasonable to call them zombies. They just run straight at you, sometimes a little bit waiting. this is also (partly) the case at the other difficulty levels. Please add more complex behavior. they are somehow the mascots of the game. Some sort of group behavior, wolf childs and so on. whatever. A wolf that is following you over a large distance leaving you alone, deciding when to attack you. You can see him but you can neither scare him away nor shoot him because of the distance. So that you are constantly in fear when outside. I think now they behave essentially like zombies with a few additional wolf-like features (basically running away when scared/ beaten up). Like zombie-cowards which give us meat. I dont see it the way, that they are essentially wolfs with sometimes zombie behavior.

Maybe button-smashing makes the game more combat-centric than a more complex interaction while killing them, where you really see what you have done.(e.g. explicit finishing to put him out of his misery) It does not have to be gamey. It is more gamey now, but definitely not fun.

Actually i dont know if this could be done. But i like the feeling of shadow of the colossus, where you are somehow sad that you had to kill the giants in a lifeless environment. Basically some sort of emotional & human bonding. You have little to no bonding with approximately zombie-wolfs. And their numbers should be decreased.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived