more wepons and a realoader for the bulliets

shane22646

what do you mean a re-loader? just hit your reload shortcut key R. reloads your gun if you have spare bullets. Or do you mean reload with a new Mag?

Here is an interesting video of another hunter game using a similar rifle.

I like the idea of the scope and also the deer call horn he blows to attract them.

[bBvideo 560,340:17zhe6zv]

[/bBvideo]

so maby your out of bullites none left you should be able to pick them up travil to a house some where were ther is a desk with projectile,gunpouder and primers and you should be able to find a big realoader on the desk if you right click it it will be lick a furnis but no wood instead you put the empty bullites,projectiles,gunpouder and primers and then you can reaload them and then use them hope this helped

-1 to this whole idea. Scarcity of bullets is what makes them interesting. If I don't have to worry about limited ammunition and can just go make more bullets, whats the benefit? I never have to ask the question "is this worth one of my few bullets?" and then decide.

Diminishing resources is one of the fun parts of the game. I feel like crafting fresh bullets would cheapen that.

No......no it isn't.

Do you understand what goes into a modern smokeless metallic cartridge?

A "bullet" (really a "cartridge", the "bullet" is just the bit that zooms out to getcha), is made up of a case, a primer, a charge of smokeless powder, and a bullet (often of jacketed lead). All of those components essentially REQUIRE intercontinental shipping.

The casings can only be reloaded so many times, before they get too weak to use. Primers and powder requires chemical knowledge and supply, which again, is INTERCONTINENTAL (aka, in TLD, not happening). The bullet requires metallurgical knowledge (you can't really use straight lead bullets in modern firearms, it causes problems with the rifling).

Meanwhile, arrows require: something to catch and direct the air, usually feathers, a straight shaft (which can be made of many different materials, from wood to reeds), and and arrowhead. Granted, you have to make it the right length, and make sure it is straight, but still.

I can go out to my backyard and make an arrow with some work. I can't do so with bullets.

I was thinking a shotgun would be a nice short range weapon. You have the .308 rifle for long range, and well, a bow for...something...but a 12 up to 20 Gauge shotgun would be fantastic for short range shots like a wolf.

EDIT: Maybe bird shot ammo for a shotgun, there are birds in the game (crows I think). Why not shoot them for a couple extra feathers and maybe something to eat, could also hunt rabbits better that way too. and well maybe add squirrels too. That'd be awesome and Daryl Dixon would be proud too.

Archived