The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha Hotfixed to v270

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

THE LONG DARK SANDBOX ALPHA HOTFIXED TO v.270

We've just hotfixed The Long Dark to v.270, to address the following issues.

* Fixed crash at startup that was affecting some Windows systems.

* Fixed issue with "Savegame Inconsistencies" message being shown incorrectly. All games that erroneously received this message will still have scores uploaded to Leaderboards.

* Re-calibrated Mouse Sensitivity to address issues introduced in a previous update.

* Added option to disable Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) for High and Ultra Display settings.

* We now dynamically update FOV based on multi-monitor setups. Previously, we only checked at game launch.

* Fixed issue that could sometimes cause gear to be duplicated when restoring an old save.

* Fixed issue with vehicles losing loot in trunks/gloveboxes when restoring an old save.

* Fixed bug that could rarely cause containers to disappear when doing a save/load.

* Added a *small number* of random spawn arrows and arrowheads, spread across the game world.

* Fixed issue where Improvised Hatchet was unable to harvest Birch and Maple Saplings.

* Fixed issue with getting stuck around The Riken in Desolation Point.

* Fixed issue with getting stuck in ice near Matt's Truck in Desolation Point.

* Fixed Matt's Truck so that players can no longer enter and get stuck inside it.

* Fixed issue with getting stuck along Skeeter's Ridge in Pleasant Valley.

* Fixed issue with getting stuck in Broken Highway transition zone.

* Fixed issue with weather sometimes appearing to change immediately after leaving a building.

* Re-tuned low Condition blur effect to be less punishing.

* Fixed localization issues with status bar text.

* Fixed issue with location reveal text sometimes staying on screen permanently.

* Fixed issue with Required Material text always being red in the Repair UI. Now it's only red if the player does not have the material.

* Fixed issue where Scarf Repair did not require the same tools as other clothing Repair actions.

* Fixed issue where arrow keys were not valid when turning Safe dials.

* Fixed issue where rifle would lag when turning camera while aiming.

* Fixed issue that could sometimes cause Reishi Tea to not provide medicinal benefits.

###END OF CHANGELIST###

Nice. I'm also glad about fixing "savegame inconsistencies" - I play from several pcs/laptops and synchronize my savegames through dropbox. I got that message once halfway through my current run (~90 days). But must I die to appear on leaderboards?

Mouse sensitivity and red message about ingredients also bothered me, so thanks for those fixes too.

hrm few random arrow head spawns? does this mean story play you don't get to use a bow until reach Desolation Point Map? then again if your lucky to find one you might get to shoot an arrow before :)

BTW it takes many shots to learn how to use / aim a bow, please bring back making arrow heads to the workbench/tools.

Awesome Map btw DP Map, just traveled to it- loving the map / terrain. Found the lighthouse == very nice!

My very subjective thoughts, not necessarily .270 related:

- Too often deer appears, or rabbits... also come too close even when I am not sneeking. More sneeking should be necessary. I understand this is not "The Hunter" game, but they really appear too often.

- I wish there were more animals

- There could be a possibility to warm up (like sleep mechanism) at killed animals.../deer.

- The person picture in the TAB screen looks like alien autopsy, misses games style

- Time is running too fast maybe... could be half as fast for me. Wish there was a command line like "-timescale=10"

I've been meaning to reg here and post a few ideas, and I first want to say I love this game, but this prompted me to stop playing to post this:

Please bring back arrowhead crafting! I was excited to find a bunch of birch and maple and I made my bow, only to find out I can't make any arrowheads! I have a pile of birch now and nothing to make lol. To be fair, I was lucky to find a broken arrow and a good arrow in the wild but still, arrows are too hard to come by now. It's ok if you're really careful not to lose any arrows but I think in that world we should know how to make arrowheads still.

I can understand if it's a balance testing issue, but I have so far found two rifles and 21 rounds in this same game. That's great and all but I'm going for the no shooting achievement. ;p

I've been meaning to reg here and post a few ideas, and I first want to say I love this game, but this prompted me to stop playing to post this:

Please bring back arrowhead crafting! I was excited to find a bunch of birch and maple and I made my bow, only to find out I can't make any arrowheads! I have a pile of birch now and nothing to make lol. To be fair, I was lucky to find a broken arrow and a good arrow in the wild but still, arrows are too hard to come by now. It's ok if you're really careful not to lose any arrows but I think in that world we should know how to make arrowheads still.

I can understand if it's a balance testing issue, but I have so far found two rifles and 21 rounds in this same game. That's great and all but I'm going for the no shooting achievement. ;p

We are still gathering feedback on this, and appreciate yours! With the 270 hotfix, we added a small number of arrows and arrowheads that will spawn across all maps. This should help a bit, but we'll still be sure to share your input.

We are still gathering feedback on this, and appreciate yours! With the 270 hotfix, we added a small number of arrows and arrowheads that will spawn across all maps. This should help a bit, but we'll still be sure to share your input.

After playing some more last night I stumbled upon another broken arrow (within an hour after my post lol) so I've found three in this game so far. So now I'm kind of torn between what I said and thinking maybe there are enough arrows and it's just luck. I guess it depends if you guys think that having a supply of a dozen arrows is too much or not. I personally am fine with three, as long as one doesn't get stuck in a wolf and then it runs away on me haha, which almost happened but I luckily tracked the wolf. On another note, my last game when I could make arrowheads I think I only made three arrows anyway, maybe four. The pile of birch I mentioned can just go into remaking arrows as they break. :)

I'm not sure what your goals for balance are but I've found more rifles and ammo than arrows. Arrows can be reused many times though so that makes sense.

Btw, I have no idea how many arrows it would require to take down a bear, but if it's more than three then I think for sure arrowheads should be crafted again. Please don't tell me anything about bears, I wanna find out on my own how to kill those bastards. ;p

Please bring back the quick drop....I know the wolves still go for the dropped food but having to go to the menu then drop is a bit of a hassle. Also would love to see more different dangerous animals. Love this game btw. Have been playing it since Father's Day. Very addicting. Thank you for making this game. Makes me want to visit up north and go camping (from New Orleans)

Please bring back the quick drop....I know the wolves still go for the dropped food but having to go to the menu then drop is a bit of a hassle. Also would love to see more different dangerous animals. Love this game btw. Have been playing it since Father's Day. Very addicting. Thank you for making this game. Makes me want to visit up north and go camping (from New Orleans)

Dropping bait is still an option. It's down on the D-pad if you're using a controller -- Mouse/keyboard mapping escapes memory right now, but you should see it in the keybinding menu.

Archived