More weapons

totorbanana

Personally I think both a revolver and a shotgun would have their place in the game (with great scarcity of ammo of course).

...of course on the more weapons topic, I also very much want to see a spear. I also think a slingshot for hunting rabbits would be wonderful.

You're absolutely right about that!! :)

• 1 month later...
Personally I think both a revolver and a shotgun would have their place in the game (with great scarcity of ammo of course).

...of course on the more weapons topic, I also very much want to see a spear. I also think a slingshot for hunting rabbits would be wonderful.

I think that there should be a way to make more ammo. how about that?

• 4 weeks later...

I AGREE with the above. Slow loading and limited capacity Handgun & Shotgun.

I think a .44/45 Single Action Revolver would lend nicely to the wilderness survival theme, and add a bit of a Western element. Though it is set in Canada and you cannot legally hunt with or carry hand guns, this is A. a game and B. an apocalyptic scenario and I think it would help to fight off wolves, and even hunt Deer or Bear. The 6 rounds limited capacity and slow reloading of the single action would add to the thrill of fighting to survive and not put the animals at a complete disadvantage. Aligning with this idea... a Double Barrel Shotgun would do the same.. and would be affective against Small - Medium sized Game.

• Upvote 1

How about a compound bow and some nice aluminum or carbon fiber arrows? As far as the 303 rifle we have now definitely need some tweaks I mean you kill stuff from 10 yards with it rifle of that caliber should be able to kill stuff from at least 50 yards. And the slingshot would be great even a crafted one would be cool but one of the good old wrist Rockets would be awesome. Maybe use them to scare away some of the wildlife

• Upvote 3

I could go with a Spear and Slingshot.

I really dont see everyone running from a disaster and leaving many guns or very much ammo behind for you to find other than the rare prepper cash. Reloading ammo is a precise business, without proper equipment it may not fire at all or it may blow up in your face.

I can however see crafting a musket or blunderbuss type weapon as they dont require such tight tolerances.

I really dont see everyone running from a disaster and leaving many guns or very much ammo behind for you to find other than the rare prepper cash.

That argument doesn't work for me. The PC is supposed to be a bush pilor whose plain crashed because of the "thing". Now, was he/she sucked into a parallel universe for a few days and then spat out in the Canadian wilderness? Cause if he/she wasn't, then NO TIME has passed since the "thing", as then he/she would long have frozen to death.

Also, the cabins around ML are clearly holiday homes at best, so there is no reason to assume that there was anyone "living" there to start with. Same with the dam, doesn't look like anyone has worked there in a while with all the debris and spare parts flying around.

Thinking of it, the premise of this game makes absolutely no sense. The dead guy with the two broken arrows beside him makes it look like he was attacked by low-tech survivors using bow and arrow, but before that happens in a country with as many firearms around as Canada, a long, long time would have to pass... so, where was our PC during all those weeks and months? I am puzzled...

Though more weapons are cool I'm hoping the Dev Team keeps focused on working on the things needed to bring the game out of Alpha.

And one thing I hope people won't forget is that Canadians aren't all "gun crazy" like the US and that they are probably not scattered about everywhere.

In summary, more weapons are always nice as long as they are weapons we would realistically find out in Canada.

Not just added for the sake of wanting a certain weapon in game.

Just my opinion, which is all about keeping the simulated realism of this great game intact.

+1 for a spear

+1 for a club

+1 for a throwing club (low damage, hare kill only)

seriously ... you carry the big sticks around all the time ... what's more fitting then hitting a wolf with it, when he attacks.

Other weapons .... i dont know. Maybe a scope for the rifle ... but it's getting a shooter faster than you can look. Not a survival game anymore then.

In my opinion, it would be nice to have double-barreled shotgun, so we could use the scatter of buckhots to kill rabbits and deers easily. But it would deal less damage to wolfs and and little damage to bears(because IRL a shot from a shotgun just makes a bear angrier, it doesn't do big damage to them). And it would be great at close distance while .303 Rifle would be nice at big distance.

• Upvote 1

+1 for a spear

IMHO a spear would be most logical first weapon before you find a rifle or create a bow. IRL you can make a spear rather easily, all you need is a big stick and something to sharpen one end of it. You could not kill a wolf with it, but it could help to protect yourself against them.

Also, you could improve your spear with spearhead (forged same way as arrowheads). Then it would be sufficient to kill a deer or wolf, but not a bear.

And if you can't use forging at the moment, you could just sharpen a stick (or branch) with knife or hatchet and try to harden it with fire, for example. Well known survival skill.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see some more weapons!

Scoped rifle, spear, slingshot, compound bow (maybe even crossbow), handgun (revolver and pistol), shotgun,

a baton or bat (basically a stick you can hit stuff with), machete, maybe even a screw wrench or hammer, metal pipe, crowbar, knife, axe, maybe even a customized saw,...

A lot of stuff can be a weapon in a survival situation.

Ideally some weapon customization like Army of Two or Dead Rising would be great, not so in depth obviously because that would be unrealistic. But just some more options would be nice.

• Upvote 1

Handguns are primarily antipersonnel weapons; rural areas dealing with large game probably wouldn't have many, and their portability means they'd be easy to grab during evacuation.

Above that I really wouldn't like to see many new guns. You'd need specific ammo for each, making ammo scavenging even more annoying. Making guns a bigger part of the game also reduces the danger in close encounters with wildlife, which is one of its best features.

I would be on board for manufactured arrows and composite hunting bow with accuracy/power advantage over the survival bow and simple arrows. Keep the ranged game, make manufactured bow difficult to maintain so every shot has to count, and wolf-in-the-face is just as deadly.

Adding more dangerous wild life such as a cougar/lynx/bobcat while in the mountains would add a challenging twist. Adding a shotgun/revolver and (ammo boxes/shells) to the map(s) would add more variety for defense. I think that it would be neat to harvest deer antlers with the hack saw specifically (some deers can have them while others may not?), it could be useful to craft a sling shot like many have asked about, rocks/pebbles could appear for collecting as ammo. I just wonder if the game could work as co-op (2/4 players?).

do you really want a pistol, this game for one takes place in northern Canada where you will for sure find a rifle, shot gun, and tons of ammo (technically speaking there are more guns per person than in the us mainly because our population is small compared to the states) but a pistol may be a bit out of place, although I do agree a small arm would be nice when being jumped by a wolf though. Cheers!!!

+1 Spear, would be great

+1 Sling shot, endless supply of ammo

+1 Handguns, obvious one that one!

Since ammo is quite rare, then crafting more traps is sorely needed! (sorry if this is posted already and/or in the wrong thread) particularly when introducing more dangerous wild life. Those metal bear traps would be nice.

I did the hyena move on a wolf after it killed a deer, last bullet got me 15kg of meat, yes!