Dam Devil Wolf! (CAUTION maybe a spoiler)

midnight

[spoil]Aug/14 - There was a wolf outside the control room in the Dam. I had walked around the first 3 rooms in the upper level and then went into the control room and heard a growl I turned towards the door and all I saw was black and 2 little dots in the dark and a wolf F@$#& attacked me! I fought it off, it started yelping and got stuck by the door and it turned around and it attacked me again. Was that wolf bugged up or is there now a wolf roaming around inside the building?[/spoil]

I don't have a Debug Log. After struggling to get there and that happened I dropped kicked my computer out the window and went to sleep. ( I was so MAD!! :D )

If that was the surprised you guys had mentioned on the email about the dam, well I was surprised and full of rage. Cant wait to get in there and shoot that thing and make slippers out of it!!!! sorry if this wasn't a bug, wouldn't have thought that you guys would be this crazy to jam up a player in such tight confinements, well played!

The basic problem with that wolf is that it could not have got in there. Or did it pull the front door open to get in? Logic, or rather the lack of it, is one of my pet peeves. If you're going to have a wolf at the dam building, there better be a logical explanation to where it came from. Otherwise, you could put anything anywhere regardless of how impossible/improbable it is.

@ Tarjas - Logic? Maybe there is an open window? Maybe it followed the guy that is inside, right before the door shut the wolf snuck in and that is why the guy is dead? Maybe the previous human tricked him into going in there and then closed the door so that it wouldn't eat him? I can make stuff up all day... you want to know about Religion? life? Ethics? =)

The guy inside wouldn't have got that far, if the wolf had followed him in (also, he wouldn't be sitting fairly peacefully if that had happened), and that's why I thought there must be an opening somewhere, except there isn't (I checked). Basically, the situation reminds me of the wolves getting through cabin walls.

The guy inside wouldn't have got that far, if the wolf had followed him in (also, he wouldn't be sitting fairly peacefully if that had happened), and that's why I thought there must be an opening somewhere, except there isn't (I checked). Basically, the situation reminds me of the wolves getting through cabin walls.

Hey now. I saw (and have video proof!) a wolf para-drop right in front of me with an invisible parachute. If they can pass jump school, then a creaky door is no match for the wits of a wolf. :lol:

But, this is how I thought it might have happened. The guy was in a bad condition, stumbled through into the building and failed to properly secure the door. Maybe he thought it closed completely and it didn't or he was too hurt to think to double check. Then, he stumbles around looking for something to help/comfort him, he can't find it and runs out of strength on the catwalk. For comfort, he drops the bigger items as he collapses against the wall, eventually drifting off to sleep and his 'long dark'. One way or another the wolf ends up near the front doors of the dam (tracking the sick/injured man, just dumb luck after killing the deer out front, ect...). The weather gets bad, a blizzard hits and winds gust up to 60+ mph. The improperly secured door blows open, the wolf enters to escape the harsh weather and the swirling wind then eventually slams the door shut while the wolf is inside.

That was how I imagined it anyways.

I saw that wolf falling from the sky in your video and it was hilarious. All I've come across was one that did the "beam me up" thing and vanished into thin air. As for the dam wolf, being trapped inside without any food would certainly explain the serious aggression that wolf exhibits. Can't have been there long, though, or it wouldn't be so damn fast.

Archived