#2698 - BUG - XBox One Save Vanished

idrawthings

Hi, I hate that my first post is a complaint. I just started playing the game this week, and absolutely LOVE it. So much I was telling everyone I know to go get it.

But then I lost everything because of a game save vanishing.

I played earlier, was doing quite well (after several bad starts), and ended my session outside a cabin in Mystery Lake.

Anyway, I went back to play tonight and all my work was for nought. There is no save, and I'm forced to start all over. As much as I love this game and WANT to explore, I seriously don't want to dump another 10-20 (or more!) hours in just to have it all vanish again due to either a faulty save system or a bug.

I looked before posting here and saw that someone had complained about missing save files, but also saw that it was said to have been addressed in the last update. So I'm posting to say that maybe it's not fixed.

I'd LOVE there to be a way to back-up your save or have multiple saves like in most other sandbox games. It's very frustrating to put in a lot of time on something and have it vanish through no fault of my own.

Did you update the old version of the game? If so try to delete the game and do a reinstall. That seems to have fixed my problem. Also had the circle on the right stay on constantly and we played another game and restarted and that reset the circle. That's what's supposed to run when the game is being saved and only for a short while.

Understand the frustration and hope that works for you.

Thank you. And thank you for making such an addictive game! Like I said, I hate that my first post was reporting a bug. I'm sure that there's a LOT of hard work going into this game and that coding is a very delicate thing with lots of unintended things that can go awry with any update. Thank you all for the time you put into the game, and its updates.

Thanks for posting this. I'll forward to the tech team and we'll look into it.

Update -- I've played two games since my save vanishing. One game, where I was at the dam, I died. Then I started a new one, and was doing well, (this one had the spinning wheel a lot), and saved at Mystery Lake's office. I quit the game last night. Then I went to play tonight. The Mystery Lake game is not there. But, the one where I died, IS. And the character is still alive!

Yes, the Xbox One saves are ALL wonky. Would uninstalling and re-installing do anything if I have the most recent version?

I just bought it yesterday and tried the reinstalling it but it still randomly loses my saves. I own it on steam as well so I know it auto saves after sleeping and I tried only leaving the game after sleeping on the xbox. It still randomly loses all my saves. It runs with the swirly saving thing on the right hand side constantly. Now I do not mind starting new characters to test but I have to do it every time I load the game or leave to the main menu. Just wanted you to know I have that issue as well. ( Yes, I love the game and am glad I have my steam version as well which works perfectly for me just hoping for the same stability here....and THANK YOU for multi saves, I love you for that!!)

PS It also overwrites between player sign ins, my husband's game, started new, over wrote my save (or maybe just lost it) and when I signed back in to play mine his was showing but not my game. Yes, exited out of the game completely before switching to my account...his game showed mine was gone. I am trying yet another reinstall which is oddly taking longer then the first two tries but maybe that's a good thing.

I've found on Xbox reinstalling fixes a lot of problems. On our system it took less than 5 minutes, but a lot depends on your internet speed.

Anyways, good luck.

Thanks. I re-installed per your advice. About 20 minutes in, the wheel returned and hasn't left yet.

So, I guess I'll just wait until the fix is in place before exploring too much further on this character.

I'm having the same issue I played and had so much good loot on day 61, walked into the misanthropes house in ch and the wheel icon came up to show it was saving so I turned it off and quit. Just got on today and I'm apparently no day 7 and now don't have the interest to even play if this is how its going to be. I've reinstalled multiple times to no avail.

Hi, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this.

My partner had a save in coastal highway from before the desolation point update, this has been accessible and she has played and saved a number of times since the update happened. I started a new game in mystery lake a few days ago and we have been alternating since. Last night, I made the journey from mystery lake to coastal highway and saved before bed. My partner then tried to open her coastal highway save and it had dissapeared. Replaced by a Brown picture that had no survival time but listed coastal highway as the area. When we clicked on it, the game said loading but then booted us back to the main menu screen. She had to start again in mystery lake.

Just thought it was perculier that we hadn't had a problem until both of the save files were in the same area.

Thanks

Ok folks..

I too have had the problem with the swirly thing and my saved games being lost.

I did a reformat yesterday the 24th of my xbox 1, starting fresh, and reinstalled TLD.

It played great for awhle, till the night of the 24th...

HERE COMES THE SWIRLY AGAIN....

sorry.. my saved games aren't there, even after the update was installed after the reinstall.

Developers please help ! I am addicted to this game and can't see playing it at all if I can't save what I've done.

And TLD and Forza are the only games installed.

The Spinning Save Icon (Bug Ticket ref #2568 and #2571) should hopefully be fixed and in the hotfix coming out early next week once Xbox authorizes the release.

I'm also going to add this thread to a Save bug report in case it's an additional issue that isn't resolved withe the save icon fix.

Information added to Bug Report Ticket ref #2698

Thank you everybody for all the specific details and steps taken in each of your posts - that should hopefully help uncover the cause of the lost saves.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and will try to have the hotfix issued as quickly as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been playing for about 2 weeks (real time) and had a game going where I had got to around day 35. Up to this point I had obviously slept and saved many times by quitting the game back to the menu and every time the save had been retained correctly and I had picked up from where i left off.

However on Saturday I played in the afternoon and saved/exited as usual after sleeping. Then when i came back on Saturday evening and I resumed the game it picked up from day 16. I had saved many times since day 16. So i exited and went to load the game and the only one available was from day 16. May save where I got to day 35 was gone. Or really had been reverted back to a previous seemingly random save much earlier in the game.

Really frustrating.

This is the 2nd time I have seen a save revert on the xbox, last time I was only 5-6 days in and lost 1-2 days play so not as bad but this time losing so many days survived was not great. Is this a known issue?

This is the lastest version game update on xbox one. Hope this helps...

Thanks

Paul

Yeah I have the same issue with XBox saves vanishing, just posted a new topic on this very issue. I list a day 35 game but it reverted back to day 17 which was a previous save (much earlier) in the same game...

Paul

ADMIN NOTE: merged post to common bug report thread

Archived