[264] UI feedback

Axios

Hi everyone,

I like the new first aid body icon in main screen.

But other changes leave me weird:

Stats bars for me are too small, daylight indicatori is placed too low and white bars and < > icons are too small.

Please consider to bring back old UI leaving the new health body icon.

Green / rex bars for me were better.

About states icons on hud (tired, frozen) definitely too small for me.

Thanks.

+1 except for the body image, which I think should be reduced in size and moved

I'm afraid I don't like the new Status screen. Essentially, ALL of the important info that you are most often pulling the screen up to glance at (condition, bars, temperatures and time of day) have been made smaller, moved away from the center, and more cluttered. The info that is more situational and less often reviewed (first aid, afflictions) is now dominating the screen.

When I'm opening the status screen, less than 10% of the time am I wanting to look at afflictions (I can already tell my afflictions from the HUD icons), yet they're given an entire half of the screen, most of which is wasted in blank space unless you've managed to accumulate like ten afflictions. The first aid dummy image I've found vitally useful maybe 5 times in my entire time playing the game, and now it takes up the entire center of the screen and I have to see it dozens of times an hour? I personally don't walk around starving with hypothermia and two sprained joints 95% of the time, so 95% of the time 2/3 of that entire screen is unnecessary.

I have yet to decide whether I prefer the bars decreasing or increasing, but I'm pretty sure I can get used to it either way. What I've had no difficulty in deciding was that I disliked the myriad icons over each bar. It clutters up the view and makes it harder on the eyes, and the bars themselves are now super thin. I don't dislike the icons per se, but maybe there should only be one icon per bar, which shows the current state. So if I'm near starving, it would show a near empty stomach. I dunno, the icons really don't provide any useful information, I could easily do without a single one, yet there are currently TWENTY, with word descriptions on top of that.

I'm loving a LOT of the new changes to this update, you guys have done an awesome job as always. But the new Status screen UI is a bit of a mess in terms of visual flow and information priority.

Archived