desolation point

MueckE

----- SPOILER ----

DONT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO THE NEW REGION!!!!

First of all, thanks for the update! Sounds, graphics and all changes are really cool so far

(time will tell :D)

I have explored the new region and love the details how it is done. The one thing that is a little bit

strange is the size of the map, it feels way smaller than the other maps (or is it just me thinking?)

You have the churche, the facility and the lighthouse - and the mine, but that is been explored very fast.

I did start at Pleasant Vally and went directly to CH and the new region.

Ah, and the new transition area is perfect!

I didnt find a hammer or the forge - is it placed at the dam or did i miss something?

Overall, Desolation Point seems like a smaller version of coastal highway. There are basicly 2 paths, the road

and one above "abandoned mine east" to the church, thats it. So yeah, it is a little bit small and there are only two buildings (and 2 trailer), but it is much more beautyful and detailed than coastal highway.

After i posted this, i went back from the mine to the rike to check out the forge

and suddenly 2 wolves ended my 130 days run :mrgreen:

The sad thing about it is, that i am the wolve-killer. In that run i killed nearly 80 wolves

(40 with the gun, 20 with the bow and the rest with my hands :D )

oh boy, i had a huge base at PV with over 40 arrows and 14 bullets left :mrgreen:

Thats the long darl

I agree that the map is probably the smallest of them all, but there's much more going on inside the structures than on the other maps, with several levels and hidden spots to find. In this map the focus seems to be on exploring interiours and getting in and out of them unharmed. Lighthouse and Hibernia Processing are heavily patroled by wolves and bear and exploring HP was probably the creepiest thing I've ever done in TLD, no clear line of sight for more than 20m anywhere and the constant thread of a wolf behind every corner, this is Waterfront Cottages on stereoids lol :D

So actually the level ends where the broken bridge is? Because I'm trying to find a way to get across.

Sure we can find the cave near the waterfalls but thats it?

I also love the penetration inside structures also in the basement from the transition zone, please add those to other maps as well.

PS: @MueckE:

SPOILERS

Hammer Locations

[spoil]You can find the hammer either in the transition zone next to the arch or inside the shipyard in the basement.[/spoil]

Forge Location

[spoil]Inside the rusted wrecked ship, it user to be its steam boiler[/spoil]

I loved it. Being able to explore the shipwreck is really cool, the processing plant had me feeling sad for whales and I got to sleep in a lighthouse.

The way you have to use the mines to get anywhere I found a bit odd. I feel like all these maze-like mines connecting places are a bit of an old game trope to be honest. I preferred the simple one between PV and CH from before.

Dont get me wrong, i love the new map. OFC i was a little bit surprised by the size. I was exploring and

thought i will find a nice spot where i dont have to wear clothes, have a small base and than go for

full exploration. But than i realized that there is no such a place and that i already have explored everything

in that short amount of time. Thats why i was a little bit sad after waiting so long for the update.

On the other hand i have to admit that there is a new transition area too and despite the size, the map is absolutly beautyful. It starts with the mines itself where you have to crouch or the tunnel becomes very thin ...

The lighthouse, the facility, the ship, everything is detailed and it feels like that whats missing at the mapsize

went directly into the details of the map. It really has its own charm and is not just a copy of another map.

I dont like for example coastal highway, but desolation point seems like a "better version" of it and compared to

pleasant valley, the real opposite. I just hope that the devs dont add more forges to the game, so that you

always have a good reason to visit the map because, lets behonest, as beatyful the map is, the lack of a warm

building and harvestable plants doesnt make it the first choice for a basecamp :mrgreen:

Archived