[SOLVED] After update v264 game is crashing

emanuella_helena

My game is crashing after the update, when appears " press any key to continue" after logos, I press the key, it crashes and this follow message appears:

"The game crashed.

The crash report folder named "2015-09-17_210300" next to game executable.

It would be great if you'd send it to the developer od the game!"

In the folder have an "error" file with the follow contents:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... =drive_web

Anyone knows why is crashing??

Guest mcopeman

Thanks for your files! Could you please also post your save001 folder? For PC it can be found at C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark. The app data folder is hidden by default, so you will either have to unhide it or search in the locallow in the windows app bar.

For MAC its Users/(Computer Name)/Library/Caches/Hinterland/The Long Dark. In this case Library is hidden.

Melody~

Thanks for your files! Could you please also post your save001 folder? For PC it can be found at C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark. The app data folder is hidden by default, so you will either have to unhide it or search in the locallow in the windows app bar.

For MAC its Users/(Computer Name)/Library/Caches/Hinterland/The Long Dark. In this case Library is hidden.

Melody~

I uninstalled the game and downloaded again to know if it would work, I deleted all the files, so no save in the folder, and the game continues with the same error.

Reinstalled Windows, installed latest drivers, installed ''Long dark'' v265, after " press any key to continue" still crashing. Been playing ''Long dark'' from January, many updates, hotfixes, not a single crash or glitch, update v264 just killed the game.

Running on Intel Core i5 @ 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, ASUS GeForce GTX 960, Windows 7 (x64).

How can I download or downgrade to v258? Better than nothing.

2015-09-19_172232.zip

Reinstalled Windows, installed latest drivers, installed ''Long dark'' v265, after " press any key to continue" still crashing. Been playing ''Long dark'' from January, many updates, hotfixes, not a single crash or glitch, update v264 just killed the game.

Running on Intel Core i5 @ 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, ASUS GeForce GTX 960, Windows 7 (x64).

How can I download or downgrade to v258? Better than nothing.

Same here.

I saw someone on steam's forum say that fix it by " updated my driver and downloaded the C++ driver".

I asked which driver, but no answer :/

I also wanna know if there is a way to back to v258.

I fix my crash by download Nvidea 340.52 video driver (http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 7224/en-us), my previous driver was 306.

The game is now opening normally. .

If that driver doesn't work, use that link (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us) to find all the drivers and update them until find one that fix it.

I want to update the driver for one even more recent, but I'm afraid that will crash again.

I will post if I find another error, but for now is ok.

Archived