Next Update Coming Soon!!

Raphael van Lierop

Will this, or any following updates, reset my current save file? Im currently on 130+ days, and I have 99% of everything scavenged. Does this mean that when this update hits, my character will be able to go even further? or will I lose it all and have to restart?

We do our best to ensure old saves work with all updates, but are obviously unable to guarantee it. If you have a run that is particularly meaningful to you, we suggest closing it out or disabling automatic updates until you're ready to let go of it. That all being said the last couple of updates have made very significant changes, and this will be no exception. I always recommend starting a new game so you can experience everything from a fresh perspective.

I honestly think its time to roll over and die. Been living off the land for too long. Not sure even if I happen to find other people id even fit in. Im a bit of an animal, running around in skinned animal clothing with a bow. If I have to end my run, at least it will be on my own terms.

Thank you for the response, Bethany. :)

Thanks for the continued support of the game! I'm really looking forward to the update and new area!

Will this update add additional save slots though? I feel that's the only thing missing (aside from story mode) at this point. I always want to restart with each new update but I've grown really attached to my character in my present play through. It's been a long, dark 200+ days together :)

Gggyhaaa I can't wait anymore! I need this update in my life lol all I've been wanting to play is TLD but I feel like I can't until the update comes out cuz I wanna play with all the new things. Keep up all the excellent work this is the most addicted I've been to a game since Skyrim...

What has been the MO in the past. I know that Microsoft has a certificate check that any updates that are for Xbox go under review, so that delays them several days. So does HL release the update to Microsoft for verification and then release the update info and PC update when Microsoft makes it available or does HL release everything at once allowing Microsoft to do their thing at their own pace?

Thanks

I have not been this excited for a video game update in a long long time. I even took tomorrow off from work hoping that the update hits today or maybe tomorrow. I also have a couple of friends coming over this weekend as well to have a "The Long Dark" video game session.

Not sure what we are going to do yet. Probably start new games and see who can get to the new area first from Mystery Lake.

Well the FB post said "We have a huge update coming in the next couple of days" and that was monday. So I keep refreshing that page to see if the update is there yet.

I know what you mean! I keep refreshing the Change list forum, and the steam news page, and checking the hinterland twitter account... can you tell I'm eagerly anticipating this update? :D That said, I'm OK with taking your time to ensure things are running smoothly before releasing it into the wild. I'd rather get to enjoy the game without any major problems a few days later than expected than encounter some game-breaking glitch missed from rushed testing.

Archived