Something That Has Been Bothering Me

EatenByWolves

In this game, it seems to really strive for a sense of true realism. That is what I love so much about this game, everything is as brutally real as possible. Except Light/Lighting. I feel like light is not restricting enough even in stalker, yes it gets pitch black, yes they tuned the daylight hours up a bit for gameplay's sake, but why is it... that I can craft a wolf coat in the pitch black for 8 hours? why can I break down or repair items when I can't see the hand in front of my face without so much as a cutting finger?

My point is that it seems silly that we are not restricted by what we can do based on the amount of light available. It is kind of like making a fire with 2 out of 3 of the essential requirements.

While yes I want the freedom to use my night time wisely, but I feel like it isn't realistic to make a complex crafted item or to repair/breakdown an item completely blind. I feel like there should be a minimum light requirement, and maybe moonlight could be more accurately reflected indoors? I feel like a lot of times weather outside and weather inside don't quite agree, ie wind that goes way too long and you step outside and it great weather, or having light windows at dawn but step outside and bam, blizzard and low visibility kind of darkness.

I feel like this is something that would definitely help with emersion and overall gameplay cohesion. Just an idea.

This is part of choosing when (or when not to) utilize resources, like your storm lantern. This is partly a gameplay mechanic, but there are some changes coming in the next update that might help. Let us know what you think after you've had a chance to play a bit after it launches! That'll be some time next week, in case you missed the announcement (:

This is part of choosing when (or when not to) utilize resources, like your storm lantern. This is partly a gameplay mechanic, but there are some changes coming in the next update that might help. Let us know what you think after you've had a chance to play a bit after it launches! That'll be some time next week, in case you missed the announcement (:

you got it, I've been hyped since the initial update post in late august :) so much hype....

You should have to place your lit storm lantern to illuminate the work area when crafting at night. The amount of fuel you'll burn while crafting should be part of the decision.

I "should" but it is by no means required, I could do a lot of things I wouldn't normally do in real life, and it really breaks the immersion that so many people desire in this game. I'm just saying that it does cause some issues.

I'm still wondering what those changes are supposed to be.

The change list for V.264 doesn't seem to contain anything that relates to this either.

I'm still wondering what those changes are supposed to be.

The change list for V.264 doesn't seem to contain anything that relates to this either.

Yeah, honestly if they do implement something like this I feel like it should be tied in with electricity/lighting options so that it isn't too jarring, but yeah, they did make some good improvements, but I still try to avoid overnight crafting due how unrealistic it is without lighting.

i feel like this would be the great time to introduce animal fat to make candle so lantern fuel can be saved, cloth can be made into string useing the crafting table animal fat melted down and candle made useing a fire pit and metal molds can be made useing scrap metal then set them out for 48 hours to cool before useing and i feel one candle should last fully lit for 24 hours , then they could be found in homes as well, this wiil balance out the need for light and fuel. flashlights could also balance this out however battery power would be an issue unless they could be recharged via the car battery.

Archived