#2759 - v.256-v.271 Losing saved game

oldZ54

The same occurred to me last night as well. Finally arrived and unlocked desolation point and stayed for a few days then turned my Xbox off after saving. Came back to play and continued then all of a sudden my save was reset to 6 days instead of 34 where I was at. I only have one save slot and it shows that I unlocked desolation point as a savable option but I cant continue from where I left off.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the kind of guy who has lost interest in most video games over the years except for the Elder Scrolls series games and other "open-world" platforms. So, after finding this game I have been playing like a mad man. I think about it when I'm at work, etc... haha, cant wait to get back home to continue with my adventure on The Long Dark. So, all that being said, it has been EXTREMELY frustrating to make so much progress, get to day 15, gather so many hard-to-find items, make a scary transition of changing my home base from the Logging Camp to the Camp Office arrange my home base exactly how I want it... to come back one day and have it revert back to Day 3. I said "oh well, suck it up, keep playing". Made it to Day 18, turn the game back on and successfully have my saves there on multiple occassions and now I come back today and it's Day 5... all items again gone, all progress lost. Rather than progressing with the game, I now have to decide whether I want to trudge through all the same stuff Ive already done for the third time and risk having this likely happen again, or if I just want to uninstall and move on.... so I lost 20 bucks, oh well... I see posted there is a fix coming... I guess I will stop playing and stop wasting my time and read these boards to see how the fix went... anyway, sorry, this is just a frustrated rant about something I was really enjoying.

BTW, my personal opinion is it has something to do with the way the Xbox One tries to go in there and to a "quick access save" for you. Because when I was able to go back and successfully access my saved games, it was when I would turn my xbox on and have my game instantly presented back to me. When I would lose my games, it was when I had to load the game from the game intro scenes, have to select a save and then it would have an old save... Im not a game dev, but I think it may have something to do with Xbox One intruding in with these quick access saves. I wish there was a manual save option... it would be so much more satisfying than these spinning cirle, hope-and-see saves.

Rant over. Still pissed. Love the game though.

BTW, my personal opinion is it has something to do with the way the Xbox One tries to go in there and to a "quick access save" for you. Because when I was able to go back and successfully access my saved games, it was when I would turn my xbox on and have my game instantly presented back to me.

As has been explained here viewtopic.php?f=97&t=8479 in more detail, it was due to an unexpected limitation in the way Xbox saves to the cloud. The fix has been submitted and is just waiting for Xbox to approve for release. That should fix future occurrences, and should hopefully be available in the next day or two once approved. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived