#2759 - v.256-v.271 Losing saved game

oldZ54

I was having all the same issues you guys were and I did something that finally found a fix for me. What I did was I deleted the game reinstalled it and after the reinstall I noticed that my old says that it keeps reverting back to were still there, so what I did was I played each of those but I killed off each of the characters so that would delete the save because there is no delete option. And then after it had deleted those saves because I killed off the characters, I started a whole new game and I have been able to save it and it holds that save and I can continue on with my game. That is the solution that I found for me I hope it works for you guys.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was having the same problem What seemed to work and this is after deleting the game and reinstalling it it still kept reverting back to the old save, what I ended up doing was getting my adventurers, from the saves that it was stuck on, killed so that it would delete the save. So I did that with ALL my current saves. I started a new game and that seem to fix it where I can now make new saves and progress in the game.

as I said a few days ago I do appreciate this game is early access and therefore prone to bugs etc... but 5 saves lost in one week is ridiculous, it has now become pointless playing the game as no-matter how much I put into it or how far I advance I cannot save my achievements... £16.00 wasted, hours of time and effort wasted... shame it was an game I had waited and wanted to play for a long time.....it needs a solid manual save facility more than anything otherwise it will be worthless.....

Ok.

since the 217 update, my xbox 1 game STILL loses saved games.

I was hopefull it was fixed, and not only losing saved games, but...

Now the games wont save or still arent saving when entering / exiting buildings.. homes, dam, garage, etc.

Only way the game saves.. is if I sleep in a bed or my sleeping bag.

I just a few moments ago tried to play the game, and instead of it loading in the house i had my stuff in, it loaded me into a house across the street in the coastal highway, thus Ive lost all the progress I made ie. moving ALOT of things around in "my house".

I'm uninstalling, not out of frusteration, but hopefull that a new install with help fix things,

( I know im repeating myself on the blog, but Im following adivce of other posters whove done the same thing and they say it helped.).

Sorry if Im being a nuicance by now, but altho I love the game, its starting to be a turd. :oops:

Thanks for bearing with me.

Copying and pasting from one of my previous posts...

I was having the same problem What seemed to work and this is after deleting the game and reinstalling it it still kept reverting back to the old save, what I ended up doing was getting my adventurers, from the saves that it was stuck on, killed so that it would delete the save. So I did that with ALL my current saves. I started a new game and that seem to fix it where I can now make new saves and progress in the game.

Sorry if Im being a nuicance by now, but altho I love the game, its starting to be a turd. :oops: Thanks for bearing with me.

No worries - and your post actually contained some good additional details which may help pinpoint the elusive No Save cause that bother the dev team and Xbox have been trying to figure out :)

I merged your post with the original bug topic since I've added your info to the current

bug ticket ref #2759

This was an issue where any saves made in my game were lost after quitting and attempting to load before V.271 and V.271 was supposed to address this issue but I and others are still not able to save. I've tried with new and old save files. None save.

now I have calmed down from my earlier rant, sleeping seems to help the problem, I have also had the save 'wheel' on constantly at one stage and been signed out of xbox live, so far I have worked out that sleeping saves and not rushing through doors, making sure xbox live is signed on and 'solid' also on most games I play I am a bit of a 'mountain goat' and tend to walk along ridges I'm sure I'm not supposed to, since 'behaving' myself eg... not rushing round like a mad thing, making sure I sleep and checking the save wheel when waking things seem a lot better....here's hoping..

seriously wtf is goin on, i had about enought of this, what is the point of a survival game, if you can survive only the time your xbox stays on and especially not change to another game, i unistall the game like requested in earlier post, had all my charac died, start a fresh one, get to 30 days survival, hours planning cabin filled with food water and hides to last for weeks, all gear full made and first bear killed, to log back in to the 12 th of surviving xith pretty much nothin on and all cabin empty i mean WTF is that survival set to another level, which i can t surving in it FOR SURE, that would be great to actually hear from someone who can give us real answear and no that regular bullshit.

if you forgot SAVING your progress is pretty much the basic for a game like that, if not pls enlight me on why i spent 20 box on that joke ?

Hello there, loving the game so far! However one issue has been happening since the Desolation Point patch that has made it so that my game saves are constantly deleted :( . My two saves that have been there from the beginning are still there but any new saves or progress is constantly lost. I'd thought the problem had stopped from this most recent hot fix, but it turns out that the next time i accessed the game the save was lost yet again. Unfortunately it's making it hard to play, but I really hope for it to get fixed as I love this game so much, just want the saves to work again :( . I'm almost tempted to go out and buy it for PC so i can play because the game is really that good without this minor issue :D . I'm not sure when it's happening but maybe it's when it it syncs local and xbox live games? I haven't been playing while offline i've been streaming and playing and always make sure to quit to the main menu before leaving game. Don't know if this info helps but hopefully it's relevant. :D

While the Devs continue to work on this bug adn as they get to know the root causes is there any work around advice from them as to how to avoid the issue? Things like perhaps: Always play offline so saves are local, re-install the game, waiting for x amount of time after sleeping to be sure its saved.. etc...

Thanks....

I have the bug after Bugfix V.271 - It works after I delete the game and also the saves.

It`s important to delete the cloud-saves also from X-Box or XB1 reinstall your old saves with the bug again after reinstall the game.

After I clear all up and install it completely new it works for me. No save issue anymore.

The old saves are gone but I can play now and safe.

THE SAVE GAME ISSUE CAUSE & SOLUTION FOUND

The devs and Xbox worked on finding the cause, and did manage to track down the issue.

We discovered that Xbox can't save more than 16MB when doing an asynchronous save. A single save would not be more than 16MB, but with the 5 save slots, it can be. The problem is that it was architected to send all 5 save slots to the cloud every time, when it needs to send only 1 slot to fit within the limitation.

The fix is being submitted for Xbox authorization to be released, and should hopefully be out Monday or Tuesday next week. We'll keep you posted as soon as it's live.

Thank you for your patience. We realize how frustrating this particular bug glitch has been, so now that it's been tracked down, you should hopefully be back to normal game play very shortly.

Thank You

Hinterland Support

THE SAVE GAME ISSUE CAUSE & SOLUTION FOUND

The devs and Xbox worked on finding the cause, and did manage to track down the issue.

We discovered that Xbox can't save more than 16MB when doing an asynchronous save. A single save would not be more than 16MB, but with the 5 save slots, it can be. The problem is that it was architected to send all 5 save slots to the cloud every time, when it needs to send only 1 slot to fit within the limitation.

Hinterland Support

Also just to make sure and that you guys looked into this. I do not have 5 saved games going on. I only have ONE game so no other data exists other than my ONE save, unless the slots themselves, although empty and as a whole do exceed the 16 MB limit. Just saying.

Also just to make sure and that you guys looked into this. I do not have 5 saved games going on. I only have ONE game so no other data exists other than my ONE save, unless the slots themselves, although empty and as a whole do exceed the 16 MB limit. Just saying.

The slots should be filling with each new game [it's 1 slot per game, not 5 separate slots for a single run]. Once all five are used up, starting a new game will ask you which one you want to replace.

If it's not allowing you to create more than one separate run, let me know and I'll have you create a separate bug thread so I can forward it to the team.

Thank You

Archived