Wolf strategies

When throwing the tennis ball doesn't work:

Avoidance, avoidance, avoidance...

I try to give them a wide berth when traveling. I hate going over blind hills and around blind corners in wolf infested areas. If possible I like to try to herd a deer in the direction I want to travel and hopefully let him clear my path (plus I might get a couple free steaks and a leather out of the deal).

If I have a wolf locked onto me, I'll use a flare and wait for it to flee typically.

I don't throw flares...well there was this one time...but not anymore, never again!

I rarely shoot the wolf. I'd rather save the ammo and take my licks (haha, I just realized that is funny) and get a steak out of the fight. As long as I have antibiotics and a heavy bandage.

When we get NPC's, I plan to replace all of the above options with "shoot my NPC friend in the knee and flee the area".

So yeah, I deal with wolves pretty much how I deal with Christmas carolers.

Curious: Anyone use the Decoy? If not, why not?

I could decide which one to go with, so you'll get all three responses:

1. I don't like to reward bad behavior.

2. I don't feed the wolves, it just makes them stronger.

3. I don't feed the wildlife because it makes them dependent upon me. And I can barely depend on myself.

Teehee :D

At the most early stages of the game, I haven't got a decoy to drop to take their attention away.

I will take on a wolf if I have Antibiotics and the Heavy Bandage if it means I can get a full Stag and I know ill be able to sleep it off and get healthy again.

What I have found now though is, if they see me, go into stalk mode, I turn and run. I was at the Derailment when this happened, and as I ran towards the Collapse Tunnel, half way I turned around and ran backwards, but I still saw the wolf in the stalk position coming towards me, so I turned and ran again, all the way to the tunnel. I went in, turned and crouched down, and in the next 30 odd seconds he came around and killed me.

My point being is I can't get away from them now, if they see and stalk. I have tried this on multiple occasions and they seem to still be following after a good 2-3 minutes of running ??? Anyone else noticed this

I did notice longer stalking distance but I was able to get out of stalking range at certain point. Been trying to replicate entering a cabin while being attacked so I have been purposely getting a wolf to stalk then staying right on the edge of the stalking distance to attract them near a door. When you exceed the distance the wolf will turn and exit stalking mode, in my poor estimation it seems to be about 50 yards

• 3 weeks later...

at the moment i am on a crusade to kill a certain wolf who gets me every *friggin'* time :/

the basic wolves are try to sneak by or i do a detour.

sometime they suprise me and I hope for the best :/ (the button-mashing is not very long darky)

my nemesis so far has ignored my flares, my bullet and my shouting :evil:

next time he will be all mine, my precious wolf!!!

at the moment i am on a crusade to kill a certain wolf who gets me every *friggin'* time :/

the basic wolves are try to sneak by or i do a detour.

sometime they suprise me and I hope for the best :/ (the button-mashing is not very long darky)

my nemesis so far has ignored my flares, my bullet and my shouting :evil:

next time he will be all mine, my precious wolf!!!

Let me guess: Dam wolf?

Everybody is picking on poor Fluffy :cry:

He's just a puppy and the best friend in the whole world anybody could have. He likes to play chase, play fetch [he loves arms], and really really loves people and is hungry for attention. He is just a little over excited when company arrives, and gets so happy to see them that he rushes up to give cute puppy kisses and face nibbles. :P

[align=center][glow=red][fade]* * * We Love You Fluffy * * *[/fade][/glow][/align]

[align=center]He's The Best Dam Woof Woof Ever! :D[/align]

Everybody is picking on poor Fluffy :cry:

He's just a puppy and the best friend in the whole world anybody could have. He likes to play chase, play fetch [he loves arms], and really really loves people and is hungry for attention. He is just a little over excited when company arrives, and gets so happy to see them that he rushes up to give cute puppy kisses and face nibbles. :P

[align=center][glow=red][fade]* * * We Love You Fluffy * * *[/fade][/glow][/align]

[align=center]He's The Best Dam Woof Woof Ever! :D[/align]

You can take your Wooloff and go on Vacation !!!! :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
You could always give them a can of peaches though, and then sit, watch, and laugh at them trying to figure out what good it is without a can opener...

Then again, the wolves probably already snatched up all the good can openers :lol:

So... your strategy is to give the wolf a can of peaches, watch the wolf open the can with his good can opener and then scare the wolf off so you can eat the peaches? :lol:

Or do you shoot it, so you can take his can opener? ;)

Archived