What's the sewing kit for?

TarjaS

I'm not sure where this belongs to, so I'll put it here in the general discussion. I suspect it's more about unfinished crafting/repair system than a bug, but I haven't managed to find a way to use the sewing kit. It is listed in First Aid supplies and in its description, it says it's for sewing wounds shut and for crafting/repair, but no first aid instructions so far have mentioned it and the repair panel does not list it in the tools (I actually had two kits and neither showed). Is there currently a way to use it?

I have only been able to use it to stitch wolf bites. (was a first aid requirement in an earlier version) You can see it is under first aid in inventory. If you click on use you will stitch yourself. I have never seen it in the repair "tool to use" list. I have only had small tools show up there.

I've used it with cloth and damaged clothing to repair those items. You use it by going to the status menu and selecting "Repair" from the top.

I stand corrected. I just tried it and it wasn't in the tools area with the clothes. Somehow I imagined the whole thing. :?

Guest Alan Lawrance

Maybe it was a premonition -- it will be in the update for next week (along with a lot of other cool new stuff!)

Archived