August Update Map.

Fuarian

Texas?

No idea :lol: though I doubt it. I'm just sharing the rumor like I did the others, like the map granting multiple wishes on toebar's list, if the map were a color its color would be white and so on. They could point at something or could simply be a red herring, who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. If anything this is a test for the rumor trail, see how accurate it is.

I have pieced the rumors (since a long time ago even) and if it's what the whispers say it will be I'm getting a really strong Lovecraft/Amnesia AMFP vibe when imagining it. I don't know why but I do. I'm really curious to see if it will have even a remembrance of dark or if it will be a happy, bright, cuddly rendition.

All I can see is a murky, overcast, darkened thing, I can't imagine it during bright sunlight. Then it would be at its most horrible if dark but that would not be in the style of TLD. It would be nice though.

I have pieced the rumors (since a long time ago even) and if it's what the whispers say it will be I'm getting a really strong Lovecraft/Amnesia AMFP vibe when imagining it. I don't know why but I do. I'm really curious to see if it will have even a remembrance of dark or if it will be a happy, bright, cuddly rendition.

All I can see is a murky, overcast, darkened thing, I can't imagine it during bright sunlight. Then it would be at its most horrible if dark but that would not be in the style of TLD. It would be nice though.

Do you think we're getting R'lyeh? ;p

I'd rather vote for sth. like Innsmouth (=sordid and partly abandoned old industrial town at the coast). Just without scary human frog people. ;)

R'lyeh. Heh. If only.

When you said Innsmouth my brain did a thing where the end game of AMFP reminded me of Call of Cthulhu, Dark Corners of the Earth (a crappy little gem of a game), Innsmouth, then it reminded me of Thief TMAs Shipping and Receiving, which in turn opened the brain flood gates for other bits, like from Thief DS. Remember the Abysmal Gale? :roll: Then I got something like a, how do you call it, Call of Pripyat, Skadovsk vibe. Then, Cryostasis.

https://youtu.be/SUGOQJogkeU?t=3m13s

Funny how the mind wanders :roll:

I know this is more of a discussion about what the map will be, but since this is such a happening thread with several different players posting, I wanted to stop by for a second and post a little news about the next update: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=7637

Just in case any of you missed it! Resume speculation!

Yeah! Thanks for keeping us grounded Bethany.

I sort of anticipated this - The July update was out right before August and adding a new region (even if it was already in development) is no small task.

To be honest though, I'm really loving the meaningful updates, and I would happily keep playing around with the game for a dozen hours every 6-8 weeks as new features get added. I'm almost sad about development finishing as a result!

But yeah, super pumped to see what's around the corner as it become closer to a finished product. Keep up the great work Hinterland!

Archived