A few ideas...

TheSilverChair

There are a few things that I would want to see before I buy the game. I am not certain if you are already working on or have these already, since I have only played the xbox trial, but I decided not to leave anything out.

•Revolvers

•Hand-made weapons, such as spears thar you harden over a fire, or a shoddy bow that can't fire straight, or sharpened stakes for animal traps.

•Spear fishing in tiny steams bordered with ice.

•Grouse who blend in with trees and stay still till you almost touch them.

•Wolf packs

•Fallen trees that you can drag into place to make a unique shelter.

•Squirels and chipmunks

•Compound bows

•More lands!

As long as you add a few more hunting systems, I will gladly purchase the game.

There are a few things that I would want to see before I buy the game. I am not certain if you are already working on or have these already, since I have only played the xbox trial, but I decided not to leave anything out.

•Revolvers

•Hand-made weapons, such as spears thar you harden over a fire, or a shoddy bow that can't fire straight, or sharpened stakes for animal traps.

•Spear fishing in tiny steams bordered with ice.

•Grouse who blend in with trees and stay still till you almost touch them.

•Fallen trees that you can drag into place to make a unique shelter.

•Squirels and chipmunks

•Compound bows

•More lands!

As you know the game is still Alpha development so who really knows what will become available.

so many features/new things have been suggested already, I guess yours just got addded to list of maybes/maybe.

You can still buy the alpha game by the way to get used to how it plays. awesome game your missing out on already. I have had hours/ should I say days/weeks/months of entertainment/fun playing alpha so far :)

Hinterland has no plans to add seasons to TLD. They have said they want to make TLD into an episodic game and they would love to do episodes for each season, but they only have concrete plans for episode 1 that will take place in the winter.

Whether or not an episode 2 will ever be created will largely depend on the reception and sales of episode 1.

Also keep in mind that all episodes will likely be separate games so it won't be possible to start in the winter and have the seasons change over time.

A lot or the things you mentioned seem better used in the springtime or warmer seasons. Which is a planned feature by next year.

Regarding the "planned feature by next year", elloco999 is quite correct if meaning no additional seasons in this edition.

Standalone sequels are planned [assuming things go well with The Long Dark] as separate games which feature each subsequent season, as well as continuing the character storylines. Additional seasons aren't however planned as an added feature in this first release.

I have no idea where you've heard, or have been told, seasons are being added by next year. Would you happen to have a link, or remember where you saw the information?

•Revolvers -- perhaps, with limited ammo.

•Hand-made weapons, such as spears thar you harden over a fire, or a shoddy bow that can't fire straight, or sharpened stakes for animal traps. -- yes, yes ,yes

•Spear fishing in tiny steams bordered with ice. --- yes.

•Grouse who blend in with trees and stay still till you almost touch them. - yes

•Wolf packs -- yes. But oh god i'll die

•Fallen trees that you can drag into place to make a unique shelter. -- pointless, would require too many calories

•Squirels and chipmunks -- take it or leave it

•Compound bows -- no... dnt want to make things too easy

•More lands! - of course!

Archived