New First Aid UI

LucidFugue

Last night I realised that I have been wasting bandages. I should have recognised this sooner, but I have done it three times now.

When you suffer from a laceration with an infection chance after a wolf struggle, the first aid interface shows the afflictions in that order : laceration can be cured by bandages, infected wound can be cured by either bandages and antiseptic or old man's beard bandages.

If you cure the laceration first, the infected wound already has a check mark against the bandage, as it has been applied. But this doesn't make a lot of sense as you would disinfect the wound before applying the bandage.

I make old man's beard bandages and carry them around instead of disinfectant, but I carry normal bandages as well because not all wounds need disinfectant. Because I have been in the habit of curing each affliction in the order it is presented, I've been using a bandage, then an old man's beard bandage for the same wound. St first I thought they were separate wounds, but they appear on the same body location and the bandage icon is checkmarked, indicating it is indeed the same wound.

Shouldn't the infection take priority over the laceration? I can understand the blood loss is an immediate risk, but unless you're going to change the bandage cleaning the wound doesn't work that way.

Archived