Scrap metal from used food cans

I_C_Deadpeople

How about making it possible to use empty food cans as another source of scrap metal?

After you eat a can of dog food (or peaches, pork & beans, etc) you could choose to break down the can for the scrap metal. I wouldn't think 1 can = 1 scrap metal, though. Perhaps it would take several cans to make enough scrap to equal 1 scrap metal (maybe 4?).

Just a crazy thought...

I actually make "broadheads" out of old tin-can lids. Haven't tried them on actual large game (read: deer) yet, but they leave a plenty big hole in rabbits, seagulls, and the odd water-filled milk jug / soda can. Depending on the size of the can lid, they can range from a 1-inch-wide cutting surface, all the way to 2-inches wide, which would be "plenty wide" for a deer.

The thing is, if you hit bone, a tree, or a rock, they are pretty much done for, as the tip flattens out and the cutting surfaces bend onto themselves pretty easily. But, in my experience, that is alright, as you can crank these things out in >5 minutes / arrowhead, and you can get 4 from a single can-lid.

Archived