As for the new update

First and foremost: I love you, Hinterland.

What I love about the new update (and the game in general):

-The art. Oh god, I love the prettiness!

-The atmosphere.

-That there are no zombies, monsters, Raiders, bandits, or goats.

-The new interfaces, especially the animal cleaning interface.

What I would still like to see streamlined or tweeked (these are just opinions, btw):

-More areas. More items to craft.

-The ability to increase you carry weight (if only a little bit, perhaps with a better backpack, or skill-growth)

-Hunting bears! I have no idea how the heck to do that! The gun won't shoot quickly enough, you can't fight back, blah blah, It's super hard, waaa!

-I would like to be able to switch the "Open Inventory" button to a higher priority that the Start button; it seems odd that you would put it there when it is the button you use second-most, behind "Interact".

-I would also like to see an arrow that you can craft without an arrowhead, just because I have such a hard time finding a lot of scrap metal. Perhaps an arrow with less damage or something.

I can't think of anything else to complain about, so that's it. Again, I really love Hinterland. You guys are awesome.

No complaints that I see, just feedback =)

Thanks for sharing. Have you discovered all three areas yet? We'll have a new one with the next update! There are also some useful threads in here about bear hunting. The community is great about sharing tips and tricks for things like that.

Great comments! +1 for no goats.

-Hunting bears! I have no idea how the heck to do that! The gun won't shoot quickly enough, you can't fight back, blah blah, It's super hard, waaa!

There's a knack to it, it requires a bit of bravery. Keep at it! Also, always make sure your gun is in top condition before tussling with a bear, it helps significantly with accuracy. As Bethany said, you can browse around for more bear hunting tips.

-I would also like to see an arrow that you can craft without an arrowhead, just because I have such a hard time finding a lot of scrap metal. Perhaps an arrow with less damage or something.

There are certain areas with a whole lot of scrap metal. This is most likely a game balance thing, as finishing a bow and arrow (and having the skill to use it) makes you the king of the forest.

I love Hinterland-

Already said that didn't I? Well, I do. And this community is pretty boss as well. I'm sure you are all sitting on pins and needles to hear about my bear related exploits.

Yeah, no. I still die horribly. On the bright side, I have learned to avoid the #@!*&%$ trees! Thanks, Octavian. Oh, and Bethany, I have totally explored all three areas. I wish I had some good feedback about it, but not really. Just more gushing.

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Archived