"Survivor Man"/Les Stroud techniques GAMEPLAY MECHANICS

SonoftheThrone

Would Hinterland Studios consider simply referencing Les Stroud's survival techniques from his show, "Survivor Man" and implementing them into this game? I watched that entire show on Netflix, and I learned a lot from it! He explained how to even craft your OWN SHELTER out of branches and what not.

Can you implement CRAFTING SHELTER into the game? If you're out in a blizzard and can't find a cabin, why can't the player dig into the snow and burrow a few feet in the snow in order to survive the duration of the storm?

My point is an encouraging one. Les Stroud has ALREADY demonstrated these survival techniques, so Hinterland Studios doesn't have to do any research as much (which would be a plus, wouldn't it?).

Why NOT simply implement what he has shown to the public into your game's crafting system? He shows how to USE FOOD as bait to catch small game, how to craft shelter out of surrounding branches, how to DIG a shelter, etc.

The work would be done for the studio in this matter minus implementing it into game play. What do you think of this suggestion?

Sincerely,

SonoftheThrone

Archived