Where in the world...

Seancushing

Sorry if the tittle is a bit misleading, but here is the basic idea of what I'm asking:

What type of area would you like to see added into the Long dark? What factors would make you want to stay, and what factors would keep you from going there? And How would you get to it from various maps?

For my idea, I'd like to see a small town setup, a bit more urbanized than the Coastal Highway, but still rural by City standards. It's connections would be from Pleasant Valley and Coastal Highway, from Coastal from the "Commuters End" Part being changed to a vehicle tunnel that's mostly blocked by vehicles which are broken down. The alternate route would be from Pleasant Valley, starting from the long Curve, and meandering it's way to the town. This wouldn't be farm land, but more like a truck stop/bush pilot town. It would mainly focus on two areas: the town it's self, (Insert creative name hear, like Alpine Retreat, or something) And a bush plane runway with a few buildings and a hanger or two near it to explore, with the majority being dense forest. The town would have a sheriffs office, which may or may not feature the source of new weapons (Hint, hint, Hinterland.) And/or, a hunting outfitters store, complete with some grand quality hunting bows and arrows, not the survival style of hunting arrows and bows. (I talk about this in more depth in another post). Also, the town would feature some homes, a few with stoves and fireplaces, A diner with a "Grand Fireplace" In the middle, and a gas station or two.

The Bush Plane Runway would feature two or three buildings, two being sheds that house planes, and one being a communal lodge and storage shed for their flights. If story mode is eventually added in, this could be a place for the player to go to find out more information about what's going on.

Hope you like my idea, and I hope I inspire a few of you to create a few locations on your own. Also, I don't know if this is already a Thread, so please let me know!

I take the silence to mean that I hit a sore subject.

Neah, the silence is sometimes endemic. I'm here, but that doesn't help, at all, sorry.

Also, I don't know if this is already a Thread, so please let me know!

Maybe, toebar's list thread? You could have a look at that. Especially since the August map will grant multiple wishes on that list, so there's that. Kisses ( ˘ ³˘)♥ #eavesdroppingantennas

I take the silence to mean that I hit a sore subject.

Neah, the silence is sometimes endemic. I'm here, but that doesn't help, at all, sorry.

Also, I don't know if this is already a Thread, so please let me know!

Maybe, toebar's list thread? You could have a look at that. Especially since the August map will grant multiple wishes on that list, so there's that. Kisses ( ˘ ³˘)♥ #eavesdroppingantennas

Thank you much! : ) May I ask if you had your own Idea?

May I ask if you had your own Idea?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Do you mean, are any of my ideas on that list, do I have an idea in response to this particular topic, if any of my ideas have made it into the August map, or something else entirely.

May I ask if you had your own Idea?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Do you mean, are any of my ideas on that list, do I have an idea in response to this particular topic, if any of my ideas have made it into the August map, or something else entirely.

Sorry, to be more specific, What would you create/design for a map for the long dark? And if so, did you already post the idea on the thread you shared to me?

What would you create/design for a map for the long dark?

You mean in the hypothetical case Hinterland commissioned me to create/design for a TLD map? That's a very long answer of no use to anyone, just a wall of text nobody would read/care about :)

And if so, did you already post the idea on the thread you shared to me?

No. In that thread I linked I just posted some locations I'd like to see, from what I can remember, an observatory with an open dome, a weather station with a working anemometer, an antenna array and an electrical substation annexed to the hydro dam.

A map works on a different level than a simple location, and an idea for a map implies all locations on that map working together and fitting the map, an idea for a location is just that, not taking account the map itself.

Archived