#2048 - Pick up Arrow under body

Loppysaurusrex

I spot a deer in the distance, I pull out my bow and arrow, I loose a shot, I see a spurt of blood and and deer takes off into the snow.

I didn't find an arrow on the ground, nor did I find any blood trail or any deer footprints.

So how am I supposed to track a deer that leaves behind no trail?

Should I also mention the deer has the ability to scale 80 degree slopes?

With the Arrows, not every shot will cause the deer to begin bleeding, only hitting it in certain spots with cause it to bleed. However the foot prints should have been present there so you could still track it. Your arrow was probably in the deer which is why you couldn't find it.

Wildlife can climb higher slopes than the player.

Jeremy

With the Arrows, not every shot will cause the deer to begin bleeding, only hitting it in certain spots with cause it to bleed. However the foot prints should have been present there so you could still track it. Your arrow was probably in the deer which is why you couldn't find it.

Wildlife can climb higher slopes than the player.

Jeremy

I would also like to tell you that a lot of the time if you hit a wolf or a deer on the side, and they die, they fall over, making your arrow irretrievable which is incredibly frustrating, perhaps make an arrow harvesting option when cleaning the animal instead of picking out of the animal.

I would also like to tell you that a lot of the time if you hit a wolf or a deer on the side, and they die, they fall over, making your arrow irretrievable which is incredibly frustrating, perhaps make an arrow harvesting option when cleaning the animal instead of picking out of the animal.
If you wait until the carcass is gone you should be able to find your arrow where the animal died.

If you wait until the carcass is gone you should be able to find your arrow where the animal died.

Or find the nearest in-door area that needs a load screen, go in, get out, and the arrow will automatically drop from the dead animal and lies next to it.

If the animal falls on top of your arrow, it should be broken or at least have a chance to break.

A way to get back the arrow (broken or not) without resorting to things like waiting for the corpse to disappear or going inside would be nice.

Hunting is definately broken...in more than one way:

For me it happened 4 times on Wolfes two times on deers and also two times on Bears...

Same thing every shot and on Wolfes it's the worst.

Situation:

Wolfes attention is off while chewing on a deer...me is creeping from behind/left (45deg appr.)

to a distance that i could nearly hug the wolf...

Bow 100% Condition...arrow nearly the same...

After shooting, the arrow pierces him directly behind the left foreleg...and as if nothing happend

the wolf runs away...far away...and disappears completely.

No chance given for hunting him down because he's totally gone...no footprints at all and the blood

vanished in a matter of seconds!

Several days later I found the arrows...but not where you would expect them to be...

Targeted and shot both of the Wolfes in Pleasant Valley...far 'behind´ Signal hill...and

found the arrows near the Silo at the Pleasant Valley Farmstead.

The two dears (nearly exact the same hitpoint) fled with arrow sticking in the side

and blood trail.

Weather was good (no extreme winds...no snow) but the blood trail disapprared within

seconds...like the deers...they ran out of sight and were gone...never found them nor

the arrows.

This would be no problem...if it would happen once in a while...but six times in a row!?

Also it's ok for me that bears can 'take' more than a deer or a wolf...but if I hit such a

bear in the same Spot as the Wolfes (in this case with the rifle!) tree times...seeing

every single impact and there's a big blood trail...how can that bear run over half the

map (I've seen him running from the elevated area where I shot him three times...)

and then he's out of sight for a splitsecond...and disappeared?

In these two Situations I also could'nt find one of the Bears...nor the arrows.

It's really extremely annoying.

BTW:

Who the H*** translated 'Hood' into 'Kapuze'???

Pls do us Germans a favor and change it into 'Motorhaube´...or at least 'Haube'

that would be so nice ;-)

And pls before picking on me...I know my english is 'auch nicht dat Gelbe vom Ei' ;-) :D

Besides that (and minor 'Disappearenz-Issus' with Items in Houses...) I appreciate your

hard work and like that game really much.

So pls keep on that really good work and fix these (at least for me and some others here

mayor Problems asap.

Greets from Onkel

Hunting is definately broken...in more than one way:

For me it happened 4 times on Wolfes two times on deers and also two times on Bears...

Same thing every shot and on Wolfes it's the worst.

Situation:

Wolfes attention is off while chewing on a deer...me is creeping from behind/left (45deg appr.)

to a distance that i could nearly hug the wolf...

Bow 100% Condition...arrow nearly the same...

After shooting, the arrow pierces him directly behind the left foreleg...and as if nothing happend

the wolf runs away...far away...and disappears completely.

No chance given for hunting him down because he's totally gone...no footprints at all and the blood

vanished in a matter of seconds!

Several days later I found the arrows...but not where you would expect them to be...

Targeted and shot both of the Wolfes in Pleasant Valley...far 'behind´ Signal hill...and

found the arrows near the Silo at the Pleasant Valley Farmstead.

The two dears (nearly exact the same hitpoint) fled with arrow sticking in the side

and blood trail.

Weather was good (no extreme winds...no snow) but the blood trail disapprared within

seconds...like the deers...they ran out of sight and were gone...never found them nor

the arrows.

This would be no problem...if it would happen once in a while...but six times in a row!?

Also it's ok for me that bears can 'take' more than a deer or a wolf...but if I hit such a

bear in the same Spot as the Wolfes (in this case with the rifle!) tree times...seeing

every single impact and there's a big blood trail...how can that bear run over half the

map (I've seen him running from the elevated area where I shot him three times...)

and then he's out of sight for a splitsecond...and disappeared?

In these two Situations I also could'nt find one of the Bears...nor the arrows.

It's really extremely annoying.

BTW:

Who the H*** translated 'Hood' into 'Kapuze'???

Pls do us Germans a favor and change it into 'Motorhaube´...or at least 'Haube'

that would be so nice ;-)

And pls before picking on me...I know my english is 'auch nicht dat Gelbe vom Ei' ;-) :D

Besides that (and minor 'Disappearenz-Issus' with Items in Houses...) I appreciate your

hard work and like that game really much.

So pls keep on that really good work and fix these (at least for me and some others here

mayor Problems asap.

Greets from Onkel

Thanks for your feedback! This forum is mostly for technical issues though. That said, the blood trail missing on wolves should have been fixed in the recent hotfix and I've passed on the suggestions for your German translations. Cheers,

Melody~

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your feedback! This forum is mostly for technical issues though. That said, the blood trail missing on wolves should have been fixed in the recent hotfix and I've passed on the suggestions for your German translations. Cheers,

Melody~

translation failures are not technical issues?

i have two more regarding the safe/vault, its translated as "sicher" wich is the state, rather then the object, e.g. "this is a safe place" -> "dies ist ein sicherer ort" the correct term is "Tresor". and the three locks on the safe are translated as "zuhaltung" i have never heard anyone using that word and it is a bit confusing because the translation of pimp is "zuhälter" and his activity would be called "zuhaltung" the correct term would be "Verriegelung".

the bloodtrail of animals instantly vanishes when entering a house, i have been attacked after gathering wood infront of the door and wanted to drop that off before i follow the injured wolf but when i left the house only my blood drops where visible. i would like to see it stay for several hours depending on the wind, for example 6-12 hours with no wind to 1 hour with -12ºC wind or worse.

Archived