When using a controller, menus scroll by themselves

SavannasauR

Pretty much what happens is if I enable gamepad use, everything in the menu scrolls to the left, so I can't use my inventory and when I try to mess with settings they just quickly scroll through each one.. the only way to make it stop is to hold my analog stick to the right which makes everything stop moving, but as soon as I let go it scrolls again.. but in game my character does not drift to the left or anything... its ONLY in the menus.

When updating to windows 10 you will automatically update the to the latest xbox one driver, I think its dated 7-5-15. It will not work with The Long Dark. You have to find the older driver for windows 7. Driver Date 5/26/14 Driver Version - 6.2.11069.0

Anytime you plug the controller in it may try to update (due to plug and play) and will once again toggle the d-pad left/right. For some reason my other controller decided to have the right trigger fail. So I had to plug in my better controller and had to go through this driver issue again.

Download the driver that works. Go to device manager. Plug in your xbox controller. Find it on the list and view the properties. Disable the device. Now install the old driver. Once installed the controller should vibrate and you will see the driver version change.

My other games function fine with the updated driver. For whatever reason The Long Dark and Windows 10 plus the new driver do not get along.

Guest mcopeman
When updating to windows 10 you will automatically update the to the latest xbox one driver, I think its dated 7-5-15. It will not work with The Long Dark. You have to find the older driver for windows 7. Driver Date 5/26/14 Driver Version - 6.2.11069.0

Anytime you plug the controller in it may try to update (due to plug and play) and will once again toggle the d-pad left/right. For some reason my other controller decided to have the right trigger fail. So I had to plug in my better controller and had to go through this driver issue again.

Download the driver that works. Go to device manager. Plug in your xbox controller. Find it on the list and view the properties. Disable the device. Now install the old driver. Once installed the controller should vibrate and you will see the driver version change.

My other games function fine with the updated driver. For whatever reason The Long Dark and Windows 10 plus the new driver do not get along.

Really? :o It was about a 5minute install in studio. I just downloaded the drivers from here and it worked right away: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controller-pc-compatibility

Just make sure to get the right driver for your system. The x86 driver for 32bit and x64 for 64bit systems.

Melody~

• 4 weeks later...

Archived