How to Know if An Animal Has Bled Out?

Flik_Tripz

Is there any specific way to tell if an animal you wounded has died? I was fighting Fluffy in the dam earlier today, and I was able to fight him off. I went to do an action that required about 10 minutes of time. When I finished, I heard the weak whimper of a wolf that faded away. I'm not sure if it's dead or not and I don't know if I should let my guard down. Is there any way to tell if you've killed an animal? Does it take a certain amount of time? Should I just listen for it again?

Dying animals do make a sound. Hopefully when you are close enough to hear it.

If I may ask a related question: When a blood trail disappears, has the animal also stopped bleeding? I've thought disappearing was usually mostly weather related...

Is there any specific way to tell if an animal you wounded has died? I was fighting Fluffy in the dam earlier today, and I was able to fight him off. I went to do an action that required about 10 minutes of time. When I finished, I heard the weak whimper of a wolf that faded away. I'm not sure if it's dead or not and I don't know if I should let my guard down. Is there any way to tell if you've killed an animal? Does it take a certain amount of time? Should I just listen for it again?

How about you just go to the basement and have a look? ;)

You've most likely heard Fluffy's dying sound, but even in the (very improbable) case that she's still alive staying upstairs won't help you much. Rather the opposite - If you start accelerating time by sleeping (or anything else) while she really IS alive, she's most likely going to jump you again. ^^

Archived